Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My first HUSH doe

BJohnson

Got my first HUSH doe this morning. I decided this season to take a doe early if the opportunity was presented since I had not yet taken anything with my "new" used Hoyt I purchased in March of 2003. Anyway, I was real pleased with the results from the new Hoyt-Muzzy-Beman setup. About a 15 yard shot which entered the right side about 10 inches behind the shoulder and exited the left side at the left shoulder. Doe went about 50 yards and was done. It is nice to break the ice with the new setup and season. Now I am ready for the BIG BOYS later this month. Will post pictures in a few days.

Brent

Way to go, now it is time to get serious.
waytogo.gif

Great job, BJohnson! I wish there was a HUSH locker closer to where I live.
I called the Salvation Army, the Crisis Center and a local food bank to see if they would be interested in a free deer. They all wanted me to process before donating it. That is a little cost prohibitive, IMO.
What I did find out in calling around is that Ruzika's Locker in Solon is participating in an Iowa prison program. They will take donated deer to be processed to feed the inmates. They did tell me that fawns are not cost effective for them to process and there will be a $20 "donation" to process them. I dropped off a mature doe on Monday. They also suggested that the employees of your local sporting goods store will know of someone interested in receiving a deer.
Another option is that almost every county sheriff office in Iowa has a "deer road kill hit list". I bet if you call the sheriff office and explain that you have a deer to give away, they will be able to hook you up with a taker.
I voluteer this information as encouragement to those who would like to help trim the deer herd but wonder what to do with the deer. I wish that HUSH was state wide, but this is not the case.

Nice job BJohnson. Shootin' them does certainly can boost your confidence in them new setups. Still waiting on mine. Congrats and nice shooting.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom