Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Nov. 21, 2003 9pt Buck

H

hunthard

Well I finally connected on my biggest buck this 9pt. I had a chance to take this buck the 2nd week of blackpowder. I was watching a wheat field and 4 does and smaller buck was out in the field chasing one of the does, the smaller buck chased a doe in the brush and i scanned the field on this buck stepped out. I new when he stepped out I had to get a shot the does were getting nervous and one of them started to run and the big buck chased her, she ran into the brush but the buck stoped on the edge and looked back they gave me my chance I put the crosshairs on the shoulder pulled the trigger and when the smoke cleared the buck was still standing there he looked around wagged his tail and walked in the brush a complete miss I couldn't believe it the biggest buck I ever shot at and I blew it. Well I talked to one of my friends and he told me to keep going that the rut was on he would probably come back out checking for does. So on Nov. 21, 2003 I made it back to the wheat field and was looking to my right when I turned around to my left something looked out of place form the last time I looked over there so I grabbed my binoculars and all I could see was horns I new what deer this was so I took my gun and eased the rifle up setteled the cross hair on the base of the neck and squeezed the trigger the kick took me off the deer, all I could thank about was please be down, please be down, so I went to where I thought the deer should be and nothing I took a couple more steps and there he was laying right where I shot him he never moved again. This is the best buck I have ever killed, he weighed 175lbs has a 19 1/2 inside spread what an animal. What do you all think he would score?
157ToddS.jpg

Awesome job hunthard, That's a good buck anywhere in the country. What is the tine length and mass measurements? Just as a guess from the pic, somewhere in the 130's as a gross score. Congrats
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom