Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My son's first anything

IowaChiro

Well, Saturday morning my son was a little hard to wake up, so I let him sleep in til 6. We got ready in about 10 minutes are were across the road and set up by 6:20, with birds gobbling about 50 yards down the creekline. I set up the avian x breeder and a tom decoy, and we backed off 20 yards along the ditch against a log. I waited a couple minutes..made a couple of soft yelps, and got two birds to gobble immediately. I looked at my son and said it won't be long. After I started in on another yelp, two birds flew down within 60 yards, and made a b-line to the dekes. Unfortunately it happened so fast that I didn't get my phone camcorder up and on in time to record the shot. My son's bird was not a tom, but rather a jake who reached the dekes first, sparing the Tom's life, if only til I get out next week. He was so happy he began to cry a bit, asking if I was proud, well..hell..I teared up then and told him I am always proud to have him as a son, even if he didn't hunt. If anyone can post pics for me, I can text or email them to you.

Here's your pics, sorry for the delay! Congrats again :way:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It doesn't get much better than that! I look forward to being able to take my kids on their first hunts!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Oh ya, he's hooked! Tell him congratulations. You'll have a hard time hunting without him begging to go now. Congrats again!:way:

Top Bottom