Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My wife shot her first deer ever!!!

G

Last night, Alicia finally shot her first deer ever. We were running a little late, and didn't get there until close to 6pm. We sat up on the ground, about 1/2 mile back on a thin strip of alfalfa adjacent to a bedding area. At about 7pm, two yearling bucks came out, but she looked at the camera and said "it's either going to be a doe or nothing!!" Her antlerless tag was calling her name ...

About 20 minutes later, a nice mature doe walked out, and began milling around, feeding. It took her forever to make it our way, and we were wondering if she was going to ever make it within range before legal shooting light faded out. Finally she commited herself, and was eventually 27 yards, broadside. By this time, Alicia was at full draw for close to a minute and squeezed her back-tension release, and let the arrow fly from her Mathews. She SMOKED this deer, big time!! Perfect double-lung shot, the doe went about 70 yards before collapsing right in the field in front of us. And I got the entire hunt on tape. I'm sooooo proud of her!! Add another Muzzy Moment to the list!!!

-Jody Hadachek

144aliciadoe2-med.JPG

KANSAN,

I am sure that Alicia was very excited and happy with her harvest. Great photo and good story, one always remembers their 1st whitetail, tell her congratulations.

What a deal. Not only to be with her when she got her first deer but to get the entire thing on tape!!! AWESOME

Tell her congrats and great job!!

That is AWESOME! Congrats girl! Great to see women hunters out there!
smile.gif

Wow! Now that's some good shootin'!!
applause.gif

Congrats to you both. Welcome to the "addiction", Alicia!

Here's to the first of many...
>>--Ron--<>

Top Bottom