Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Wife still hasn't thrown me out of the house!

Well, here's some "After" pics. A year later. Got about 3,000 in the ground now. Beat my body to shambles and had some help along the way. Actually 2 IW members helped me out too, (thanks guys!). 14 apple varieties, 8 pear, 2 chestnuts, 3 crab apples, persimmons, etc. Somehow my backyard is starting the cycle back up with some fresh seeds stored over winter. Uh oh. I may be outta the house yet and living in among the trees. Lot of fun, no doubt but the work load was & is far more immense than I ever imagined. Oh my. My body was of a 36 year old a couple months ago - if anyone sees me and I appeared to age 30 more years and look retirement type age, this is why. Good future ahead for conservation, habitat, giving back to the land, critters & fam/friends. *Posted more pics on facebook link below.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Impressive. I assume a lot of these trees will get moved again in a few years? More work ahead!

Ya- they r spaced for about as much as 6-7 yrs there. Some are 2 yr old trees that will be ready in few yrs.
Most are a grafted MLA-111 & B-118 which is close to a full size tree someday- great rootstocks. These rascals will have a babied life, grow faster for a lot of reasons (like irrigation, etc) and find their new homes down the road

wow thats a lot of trees, im jealous, that makes the 20-30 i have in my back yard seem like nothing

20-30 for one spot is a really nice #. I have one smaller farm where I ended up with 30 trees and it really was about right. Maybe add 10-20 later in future. U are off to a great start and that's awesome. Most farms have 0 so anything folks do is great!!!

That is an impressive, too bad you don't have many deer in that area to take advantage of the fruit...(eye roll)

That is an impressive, too bad you don't have many deer in that area to take advantage of the fruit...(eye roll)

We saw one around this yr! One survived season I think. It could have been let out and staged like on the movie "Funny Farm" though?!? Pretty scarce around my farm. Guess after I personally tagged 87 shed bucks over the last few years it was bound to happen. :)

We saw one around this yr! One survived season I think. It could have been let out and staged like on the movie "Funny Farm" though?!? Pretty scarce around my farm. Guess after I personally tagged 87 shed bucks over the last few years it was bound to happen. :)

After you shot that escaped bovine:D a few years back, the gun shot must have scared any potential deer from taking refuge on your farm. Someday Skip maybe a fawn will be born, or one will migrate on to your land?

After you shot that escaped bovine:D a few years back, the gun shot must have scared any potential deer from taking refuge on your farm. Someday Skip maybe a fawn will be born, or one will migrate on to your land?

Aren't any turkeys there either, he's actually starting his own herd of cattle because they keep getting on his place. Better eating and easier to shoot.

Yeah, we believe he just got a new one that migrated in two weeks ago.

Several locals have been spotting the elusive beast. Reportedly it's a rare, nockturnal, White Belleyed, Red Backed Bovine, a rare Trophy specimen down here. We're planning the hunt now a month or 2 in advance. This species of Bovine is extremely dangerous and very cautious. Usually Rabid. This one was seen foaming at the mouth & locals claim it has 6" fangs. Supposedly trampled and ate to local dogs and almost killed a farmer after pushing down his tractor. It's going to be some sleepless nights awaiting this hunt. Most exciting time of the year and another trophy bovine on the wall would make my season yet again!!! :D;)

They are reproducing like the salmon of Capistrano....now in pairs. I am not skilled at the hunt of the beast. I may need to hire some of you professionals.....

picture.php

Top Bottom