Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My wife's first buck ......

G

On Sunday, 11/7, my wife filled her buck tag on an awesome hunt! We had been hunting for about two hours, when she saw a buck trailing up two does off to the northeast of us. She rattled, and in he came, with saliva dripping from his mouth. He turned broadside, and wound up offering her a 30 yard shot. She took it, and drilled him through both lungs. An even better shot than the one she put on her doe. The buck ran about 60 yards and dropped. Her pink Muzzy sure did the trick. He's not a huge buck - he's a 2 1/2 year old - but boy, does he have some character!! His right side has five points, and his left has a really wierd beam that drops down and comes back up almost vertically. This is her first buck ever, and we got the entire hunt on film. I hope it makes it onto a video somewhere - her reaction is priceless!!!

2172aliciabuck2-med.JPG

That is AWESOME! She sounds like a great shot with her bow. That is one crazy deer. Many congrats to your wife!
smile.gif

Awesome story and picture. Pictures are definately worth a thousand words. A big congrats to your wife. Are you gonna have that one mounted?

Tell her I said congrats Jody, I bet it was PRICELESS. Keep at er now its your turn to put steaks on the table good luck to your family for the rest of the season..

nice one, NOTHING wrong with shooting one with character!
wink.gif
fairly similar left side characteristics as my buck Spike.

Great job, Mrs. Kansan! That buck sure has alot of character. Kinda makes you wonder what happened to him to get so deformed.
waytogo.gif

Pass on my congrats to Mrs. Kansan.
Heck, give the girl her own screen name. If these ladies are going to keep outhunting me, they just as well be on the site!
smile.gif

i gotta agree with camoman...we could use more female POSTERS (bowgal) on the sight.

heck, even a few single hunting ladies would be nice
grin.gif

i forgot to mention...you said the buck had drool hanging off of him..the taxidermist i was at last night had an elk mount, it full bugle, with the slobber running from the roof of its mouth to its tongue..it was AMAZING. i couldn't get the pic of your wife's buck to come up, but if you are going to mount it, having that drool hanging there, just as it was when she saw him coming in, would make an AWESOME mount

Top Bottom