Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nasty morning worked out!

jclaws

PMA Member
This year I was ready to get out turkey hunting no matter what the weather. It was a balmy 32 degrees with a 25mph N wind and a light snow, so I decided I would hunt in a bottom with a huge ridge to my north to maybe block it. It worked out good because I ended up hearing 4-5 toms to my east. At about 6:55 they just went silent so I didn't know what happened. I found out 10 minute later when a coyote came out in the field from the same direction. I tried to call him in but he just headed into the woods. About 10 minutes later he came back out and headed across the field to the south and that's when I noticed a tom coming down the farm road from the east about 300 yards away. I figured that the hunt was going to be over pretty quick, but to my surprise they both saw each other and the coyote just walked off. The tom came in to about 90 yards and I noticed two hens had snuck into my decoys from behind me (one had a 4 inch beard) and headed toward the tom. He hung up at 90 yards for probably 30 minutes, then just walked into the timber to the north. I decided to call just to see if anything else was around, and a tom fired off across the creek to the south. Not three minutes later the tom that walked into the timber came back out and decided to walk out to the now three hens that were still in the field He gave me a shot so I took it! He only made it 20 yards and tipped over dead. Not a huge turkey, but I didn't get up in this crappy weather to let one go!

Weighed 22lbs 2 oz
spurs were 7/8ths and 1 inch
and 9 inch beard.
Here is a picture of my decoys starting to get some snow on them.
smaller5_zpsb15210af.jpg

Here is the tom when he decided to hang up at 90 yards.
smaller4_zpsbfbaa898.jpg

I just always like the pictures of the turkey with the decoys.
smaller3_zpsadf7a72f.jpg

And had to get a little snow in the picture.
smaller2_zps15f30698.jpg

Im not big on wearing a bunch of camo just to sit in the blind.
smaller1_zps9ee99c23.jpg

Great hunt Joe, congrats! I pussed out and stayed in bed, probably tomorrow morning too at 20 degrees, but try to fan one in as it starts warming up.

Nice work! You mean to tell me that Tom couldn't see your jeans through the blind?!? I've been lied to my whole life.............

Top Bottom