Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nebraska Rifle 2010 the "Browtine Buck" "Rocky" and the "Beanfield Buck"

southfork

Just finished up our 2010 rifle season here in Nebraska, and man what a good one it was. My oldest son Chase had a tag, I myself had a tag, and I had two good friends from Utah with tags. It was quite a job to find good bucks for all four of us.

Opening weekend was kind of slow, lots of little bucks and does but nothing we thought about shooting. In most years the pressure backs down once opening weekend is over, and this year was no different. On Tuesday I took my two friends from Utah to a pasture that I knew held a good buck, luck was with us and we found the Browtine Buck with a hot doe. Everything worked as planned, we got Scott into postition for a 100 yard shot. Here is a picture of the buck and my Utah friends.

008.jpg

I just love this buck, tons of character and browtines that shoot for the stars.

We finished up Tuesday morning by taking pictures and getting the buck taken care of. After lunch we headed to the spot I was going to sit Ed in for the evening hunt. We had just barely gotten out of the truck and into the pasture when Ed spotted two bucks in a full fledged knock down drag out fight. We snuck to within 100 yards, I glassed the bucks and could see that at least one of them was a shooter. Ed set up for the shot and dropped the bigger buck. As soon as the bigger buck dropped the other buck just started jamming him with his horns, I walked up to 20 yards and had to yell at the buck to get him to leave. It was one of the neatest things i've been involved with deer hunting. Here is a picture of Ed and his buck.

006.jpg

Now I could concentrate on getting my oldest son Chase a good buck. Between school and school activities its hard for Chase to find time to go out. Thursday morning we went out for a quick before school hunt. It was a perfect morning, and the deer seemed to be moving. After watching for a few minutes I saw a nice 4x4 working his way towards us. Chase and I let him get to 100 yards and Chase made good with his shot. We had to hustle to get the buck loaded, but we made school on time, we even had enough time to take a picture with his buck. My middle son Hunter is in the picture also.

chasebuck.jpg

Now it was my turn...I left Chase at school and headed home to gut his buck. I was driving down a country road and happened to look up into a beanfield, I thought what in the heck is that laying out in the middle. I stopped grabbed my binoculars to check it out. It was a good buck laying flat with his chin laying on the ground, about that time he picked his head up for a split second to look at me and layed it back down. I drove my truck over the hill, and made my plan. I was fortunate that this deer was on ground I had permission to hunt. I also had a brushy fence line I could sneak up to get within 200 yards. I grabbed my gun and took off. Everything came together, I got to within 200 yards rested my 270 on a post and took my shot. I had just got a glimpse of this buck when I checked him out from the road. I knew he was a pretty good buck, but as I walked up to him I got to see just how good of a buck he was. His right side is super strong, and his left side is a little weaker he is right up there with the best bucks i've ever shot. Here is a picture of the Beanfield Buck.

beanfieldbuck2.jpg

and here is one with Chase and I with our bucks.

beanfieldbuck1.jpg

It was a great season made lots of memories and killed some great bucks.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!!

Corey

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking bucks all the way around...congrats :drink2:

008.jpg

006.jpg

chasebuck.jpg

beanfieldbuck2.jpg

beanfieldbuck1.jpg

P.S. Think you just had an extra in front and behind of each :way:

NWBuck

Bout time... :D Again great images Corey. Kids are getting real big! Can't wait to see those deer in person. Take care. :way:

I had a heck of a time getting the pic's uploaded...never had that much of a problem in my life!

Ya, Chase is getting huge he is in the 6th grade, is 5'8" 150lbs and wears size 12 shoes he was just wiping kids out in youth football this year big time....he's going to be a rush end for the Huskers in a few years and your going to have to cheer for him!!! LOL

See you this spring Limb Chicken there should be a ton of turks again.

Top Bottom