Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Neck Injury

Good gosh. That sucks!!!! The one thing he’s got going for him…. Fall/winter the bacterial infections are far less. He might heal?!???!?!

Good gosh. That sucks!!!! The one thing he’s got going for him…. Fall/winter the bacterial infections are far less. He might heal?!???!?!

Hoping so, has a lot of potential. Starting to throw a 5th point on the right side behind one of the brow tines.

Need to review some more recent pics to see what he looks like. That was late November. More pics to go through..

Possibly. Could just as likely be from fighting too. I had a nice 3 year old 8pt that had his neck ripped open in mid-November from his jaw down his neck and I'm sure it was another buck. He was down the totem pole by 4-5 spots. He has since healed up and is actually still holding antlers as of yesterday. They're amazing critters.

Update: Original photo above was Nov 24th.

Have photos through December of him checking scrapes, pushing other bucks, etc. Appears not to have phased him at all.

Amazing animals.

Hate that I just found this out.. Looks like he didn't make it after all, neighbor sent me this picture. Super bummed, he had a lot of potential.

View attachment 127182
That's too bad. I wonder if he died due to starvation or some secondary reason due to the injury because he probably would've had signs of infection on those photos in December? What a bummer.

That's too bad. I wonder if he died due to starvation or some secondary reason due to the injury because he probably would've had signs of infection on those photos in December? What a bummer.

Hard to say. My last photo of him was December 15th, checking a scrape.

He did look like he lost weight, but all the other bucks did as well. Normal post rut type condition.. No ribs, etc showing.

One of the more active bucks on our farm.

Last edited:
Reactions: HWC
Top Bottom