Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need a Handyman's Help!!

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
This is way off topic from anykind of hunting or fishing, but since I'm running out of options down here locally, I'm hoping you jack-of-all-trade Iowa guys can help me out. I need someone who can do aluminum soldering on a bracelet I have. Its a custom POW/MIA bracelet honoring a soldier who served with my dad. Its not the generic, simple, steel POW/MIA bracelets that you can order. I got this bracelet from the soldier's dad several years ago when I was in college and wore it everywhere I went. A few years ago, I let my then 2-year old daughter hold it and she bent it in half, breaking it. I just found the 2 pieces a couple of weeks ago and really want it repaired. I've taken it to a couple of local jewelers here in Flagstaff and they can't solder it because they don't work with aluminum. As artsy as this town is, no jewelry store or artsy place can fix it. I've done the research and know it can be soldered, but I'm not that talented and don't have a need for soldering equipment beyond this so I can't justify the expense of the equipment. I can't get a new one since the soldier's dad has since passed away. So with that, is there anyone here that has soldering equipment that can solder aluminum and is willing to help me? I'm at the point of putting my trust with a precious family heirloom in someone I don't really know but am hoping is the kind of Iowa person I remember growing up around and I know there are several of you on here. :way:

Not too many places artsier than Sedona, especially when it comes to hand-crafted jewelry. Its a 30 minute drive to get there, but it could turn into an option. Thanks for reminding me of that place! :way:

And when were you in Sedona and not coming to visit? :thrwrck:

Top Bottom