Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need Advice,

luvtohunt

My youngest just broke his right arm during football practice. He is bummed about not being able to play football, but he is heart broke about not being able to youth deer hunt. Anyone ever try to teach someone quickly to shoot left handed? Any good advice would be appreciated.

I am assuming you are talking about him hunting with a gun?

Will he be able to use his right trigger finger by mid-September?

I guess I don't see the problem.....gun rests, shooting sticks, etc..

His complete right arm including finger is in a cast, I'm hoping that he can learn to shoot with his left arm off of a rest, but not sure yet.

I KNOW he qualifies for a CROSS-BOW, here's my picture when I fell out of my stand about 2 years ago, I'll have to make a post on safety and show these pics to everyone to remind them! I fell out putting up a stand in July and I was an ANIMAL (or stupid!?) and went through crazed stuff to be able to shoot a bow come October (my whole wrist was in little pieces and I broke part of my 7th vertebrae)......
***Oh, just realized it's YOUTH and a gun- I shouldn't have read through it so fast, sorry. Man, I think you'd easily be able to work a way out to shoot!!! All I'd need was a finger! I would tape the gun with duct-tape to his face so he can look through the scope and just pull the trigger. I was thinking for a bow, gun should be doable though. Get the .22 out and work some different ways of shooting, I'd even think he could still do right handed! Good luck!

SkipArm7.JPG

SkipArm2web.JPG

SkipArm6.JPG

Dang, that sucks.. Sorry for your boy's luck.. It shouldn't be too hard to learn to shoot with a gun left handed. I've never practiced it but I have taken two turkeys left handed.. I guess it's different using shot and having a bigger pattern ,but, all he needs is a little determination and confidence.

Yes, you are right, the pain of thinking you might not be able to bow-hunt was UN-BEARABLE!!!!!

*Ok, and the pain of a broken back and shattered arm as you lay on the forest floor was not fun either. As long as I can walk, I'd be afraid of the 1st part - not bowhunting!

Top Bottom