Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need help with photo

iowaqdm

PMA Member
I have a trespasser on my on trail camera that I want identified. I have this same guy on camera at least two different years during the shotgun season. Every year they (the group) post guys along the road then send guys pushing thru to run the deer off and I want it stopped. So I guess it is time to identify them and press charges. I would like to enlarge the picture without loosing the quality so I can give it to the game warden. Does anyone have some software that will do this. The photo is taken with 4.1 megapix camera. I will e-mail the photo to you and then you can e-mail the enlarged photo back to me. I would really appreciate any help.

It's almost impossible (almost is a qualifier, since I'm leaning towards impossible) to blow up a picture without sacrificing clarity/quality. You only have so many pixels in a 4.1Mp camera image to spread out over a larger area before you start seeing each pixel (pixelation of the image). If it was taken on a hi-res setting with a 4.1Mp camera, it should make a decent 5X7 print and odds are an ok 8X10.

About any software will print this out, I'm not aware of any special software that will improve the resolution of an image. It somebody knows of such software, I want a scientific explanation on how the company accomplishes the feat (though I'm sure they would hide behind "proprietary information").

Give the digital file to enforcement and let them handle it. They have a crime lab that can do things nobody on here can do.

Photo shop 7.0 works pretty good. I agree 4.1 mexapixels isn't the best resolution, but you should be able to blow it up 150% with decent clarity.

As JNR stated I would think you'd get a very decent 5x7, is that not big enough?

Thanks for the help. I'll get the picture enlarged as much as possible. I just wanted to make it easy for the game warden to identify the trespasser.

Top Bottom