Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need Help. Zone 8, Maquoketa

194 3/8

First time Iowa hunting. Have been to and walked lots of public land. Tons of people hunting the land. Does anybody know some spots to look. Its me and my father. Please Pm me if you have ideas.

Live from stand....public land.

start knocking on doors, that area is easy to get on private ground. Grew up there.

Go to Walmart and get a public land atlas. Blackhawk public west of Maq is good. Pine Valley up by canton is good. Green Island over by Bellevue is fun.

But seriously knock on some doors.

start knocking on doors, that area is easy to get on private ground. Grew up there.

Go to Walmart and get a public land atlas. Blackhawk public west of Maq is good. Pine Valley up by canton is good. Green Island over by Bellevue is fun.

But seriously knock on some doors.

Will try knocking on doors. But my only problem is I don't know what land is good here. Was lucky enough to see a 160 driving in today. Very impressive.

First time Iowa hunting. Have been to and walked lots of public land. Tons of people hunting the land. Does anybody know some spots to look. Its me and my father. Please Pm me if you have ideas.

Live from stand....public land.

Not to be negative or discouraging but good luck. The pressure in Iowa is crazy now-a-days, public or private. I went to one of my stands yesterday on private ground and someone had hung a stand 10' from my stand that I have had up for 3 years. Have had problems with pressure everywhere I hunt. I used to hunt public but that was getting way to packed so I found some private ground and now they are just as bad as the public. Hopefully you can find some areas that aren't as bad. All I can say is go deep into the woods or fields that are off the beaten path. If it doesn't take you an hour to get to your stand then chances are someone is right around the corner. Also don't hunt within 45 minutes of a metro area.

Top Bottom