Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need help!

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

My nephew shot at a nice ten tonight up hill shot. Now I did not see the shot placement but from what I was told he said the hit sounded just like a arrow hitting a tree. From my experience I am thinking solid hit. We went and looked for any sign of the arrow and nothing. Deer took off across a gravel drive and into the tall grass. Now with this rain I found no sign of blood. Is there a chance the arrow is wedged in him and he didn't drop blood right away? Shot placement quartering slightly to the left, mid vital area.

The real loud arrow contact could be shoulder. (I shot one in the shoulder this year). Extremely loud. No blood initially. But good blood in about 20 yards. Searched for 2 days Still haven't found that deer. Lots of info needed. Amount of penetration?? Deers initial reaction??

Good luck

Last edited:
Actually sounds like shoulder to me too. A vital hit is more of a thump and not that loud in my experience for what it's worth

It sounds to me to be shoulder hit. I had the same thing happen to me last year. Quartering away took the shoulder. Sounded like I hit a tree head on Smack, had good blood for a couple hundred yards then fizzled out. I looked for that deer for a week till our opening gun season. A neighbor ended up getting him opening morning still had the arrow in his neck just under the skin. Good luck I hope the arrow veared the other way back towards the vitals. Keep us posted

Top Bottom