Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need Quick Advice!

D

deerman

My hunting buddy just called.Hit a big buck.Started to track it an hour later,he heard something so he shined his light on it and it was his buck.The buck just stood there as he imediately left.He told me it was pretty much a almost straight down shot at 15 yards as the buck was on the down side of the slope.Arrow went all the way through and swears it had to get at least one lunge and the arrow had big bubbles of blood.What does it sound like to you guys?Will he be dead by morning.Remember the buck did not run so it sounds like he's hurtin bad.Can a 1 lunge be deadly???Thanks

it sounds like he got lung because of the bubbles in the blood but i think he also got liver that will make the deer not want to run i'll bet the deer will be near where he left it he should be dead by morning but just in case take your bow to finish him this happened to me once and the dear didn't move when i found him he was hurt bad and didn't want to run i had to finish him off it was a liver hit take a camera and get some picts. good luck and let us know how it works out

Thanks a million for the advice.I'm just hopeing that the buck doesn't move too much more.I'll let ya know what happens in the morning.

I would say the buck will be expired with in 100 yards of where he was jumped, if you wait till light of day or longer.

One lung will kill him but if the shot was straight down it must be back or it would have nearly clipped the heart exiting.

That leans me towards the far back of one lung and liver area which will make him very uncomfortable from the gases in the gut areas , so he may bed several times in a very small area but he should not go more then 100 yards period from the point where you last saw him.

I had a bud who killed a nice 150 here in WI a couple of years back who took a straight down shot at the buck and got a pass through as well . The deer died right in front of the trackers after 16 yours of tracking into the next day. It was only a liver gut shot behind the lung and the buck was left lay up and was jumped several times during the day . But through perserverance and good help he was found and was unable to rise .

Broad side shots are the shots to take with a bow.

Good luck and post the pics.

Gritty

Thanks for the advice!! found the nice 10pt. in the thick thick stuff 50yards from last sited.Broadhead just nick one lunge and caught mostly the liver.Huge body with alot of fat.Thanks again

Sorry guys,don't have the gadgets to get the pic on.I can use the 1000 words instead.14 inside spread,4in. brows.G-2 and G-3's are right around 9inches.The 9th and tenth point are at the bases and are almost 2 inches.A real pretty trophy for being a little tight.An over all great bow kill.

Top Bottom