Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need Some Help!

Garringer55

Hey guys, my parents are thinking about upgrading my bow for christmas and I don't really know what bow to tell them to look at. I have a 2007 Bowtech Tomkat now. I would like to stay Bowtech but PSE and Matthews would be alright. Anyone have any ideas? The price limit is probably around $600 to $800 dollars. So probably none of the new models. Even though that Bowtech Destroyer Limited Edition is pretty dang sweet. Thanks for any info!

A buddy of mine has the 2009 or 2010 diamond stud. It is light fast and quality. They should be in your price range and I know you won't be disappointed!

you can find some really nice year old used bows on the net for that price pretty much whatever you want, I would stick with bowtech or go Hoyt

I have an Assassin, does everything any other bow I've ever shot does. EITHER WAY its all about what feels best to you. But it's right in your range + a good rest/ or some new arrows!

Shoot multiple, don't decide on a brand before you start your search. Each bow manufacture is different. Most guys are loyal to a brand and some times its for a reason. I have shot the same Mathews for 4 years and have no reason to change. For that price though, you should definitely stay with a higher end bow.

The bowtech assassin is a pretty sweet bow at a good price. My buddy has one and loves it.

I've got 2 friends that have the assassin, and they really like theirs as well. I agree that for the price range you are looking at, and if you want to stay with Bowtech, that would be your choice. You may want to shoot one first though to make sure it is a bow you like.

Thanks for the input guys! My dad had me shoot his Matthews z7 yesterday and I fell in love. I just need to go out and shoot a bunch of bows and see what I like. But right now im leaning towards the Matthews z7 xtreme. Anyone have one of these bows?

Even new models would be available within that price limit if You really wish to try. Even if not plenty of renowned and reliable brands for bow-tech are available like the ones You mentioned.

Top Bottom