Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need some help.

Buckmaster14

This morning was a good morning on stand. had a 3 point and 4 does come in. I had one doe standing broadside, nearest leg towards me forward, opening a clear shot behind the leg.

Well long story short, as soon as I touched off my release she brought the leg back and my arrow center punched her leg bone just BELOW the shoulder blade. The impact knocked the deer to her knees, she sat there for a second and got up and went down the holler almost falling over the whole time. She stopped about 50 yards down and stood there, then kept going out of sight. I gave her about 45 minutes before walking down to where she fell after the shot. No blood.

I walked over to the trail she ran down.... no blood. I crossed the bottom multiple times... no blood.

I searched every hill and bottom within 200 yards of my stand for 2 hours. No blood and no deer didn't even find the arrow. I knew I didn't get a lot of penetration, I could see a good amount of arrow sticking out of her side. But at 10 yards, and the way she acted running off, I just knew she was a dead deer.. and soon.

What happened!?

Should of probably waited longer before you went walking all over the place. She might have bedded up and got too stiff to run away.

Top Bottom