Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Neighbor Arrows Buckzilla

D

deerbarber

Helped the neighbor kid track his deer last night. Good stick no pass thru blood was minimal took us an hour to track him 100 yards in 4 foot crp.. Body wise largest deer I have ever seen dressed weight of 252 taxidermists certified scales. 7 Inch bases with smallest circumference being over 6. Heaviest rack I have held. head and antlers weigh 27 lbs. Should gross in the low 170s not bad for a 19 inch spread. His first archery deer and he just climbed a tree no stand even. he drew on him at 40 yards and the arrow fell off rest and to the ground. deer became a little jumpy so he froze and then nocked up another one . What a beautiful loess hills buck. I will post a picture when he gets the film developed.

Thats what makes deer hunting so awesome.
beerchug.gif
You just never know when it all comes together.
A wise old veteran hunter can get skunked while a first timer can arrow a world-class buck.

My best friend arrowed his first deer this way. Ten minutes of hunting time left and he gets home from school. Asks his dad if it would pay to go out. His dad laughs and says no. He hopped on his 3-wheeler anyway (this was 20 years ago) and high tails it through the picked beanfield to the edge of the woods and walks 30 yards to his stand, if you could call it that. All it consisted of was two boards nailed 8 feet up in a knarly old oak. Five minutes later, a 132" (this was a huge buck 20 years ago here in Wisconsin and even today the largest bow kill in that county is only 155") ten pointer was five yards away. He used his lame 45 lb. compound to get off a shot. It took us two days to find him, but we did. I never bowhunted before then, but the following year, I bought a bow and a license and that began my love affair with bowhunting.

Top Bottom