Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Bow Purchase Question

luvtohunt

I'm going to buy a new bow after season, my current bow has served me extremely well, but after seeing and hearing my son shoot his Mathews, I've realized how loud mine is and how much time I spend tweaking mine. My question is: If you buy a top of the line bow, are they all the same or is there some thing better about a certain bow, that the rest of the industry has not caught up to yet? I don't want this to turn into a "Ford vs Chevy" thing. I'm looking for information above and beyond personal opinion. I do allot of ground stalking so that aspect is very important to me. I don't want to have to tune my boy allot either.

Thank you for your opinions.

this is probably a question better suited to the tech forum, but, most likely you are going get responses about "my bow" and "my buddy's bow". best thing to do is hit the shops, and see what feels/shoots the best for you.

go back and do a search, and re-visit our previous "ford vs. chevy" battles. you will find as good of an answer to your question there

teeroy said it good. just start shooting bows and go with what feels best to you. if you do a lot of ground hunting then i'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll want a shorter axle to axle bow, but yet have a good brace height. off the top of my head i don't know what to recommend but anything under 33 inch axle to axle would be good for ground hunting. my razortec is 33 and i have no problem shooting from my knees or flatt off my butt. as far as the "ford vs chevy" thing, i personally think that the upper end bows do shoot easier and quieter.

good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
teeroy said it good.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, jackass....what did you do with muddy? this fool is an obvious imposter

Buy the one that you like, there are two companies that stand alone as far as bows go, Im sure you know what they are. A longer axel to axel bow is more forgiving to mistakes and suits shooters with longer drawlengths. My deciding factor between "Ford" or "Chevy" was the grip.
grin.gif

There is one bow out there that stands above the rest.....it is up to you to find it tho. Shoot every bow you can get in your hands and pick the one that feels the best and shoots the best. My suggestion when bow shopping, DON'T LOOK AT THE PRICE TAG as that will steer you away from a certain number of great quality bows.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
teeroy said it good.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, jackass....what did you do with muddy? this fool is an obvious imposter

[/ QUOTE ]

to get away from teh subject a bit, sorry luvtohunt, i am only spreading some holiday cheer. i'm still the same muddy...wait another 2 weeks, then i'll come around.

What if you have a short (26 - 26 1/2) draw length? Not many shops have bows setup to shoot to see what you like, especially in my area. You need to depend on others opinion a little more.

As previously stated you need to go and shoot diffrent bows and see what you think is the best bow for you. Shot the new V-tec the other day and the new limbsaver design makes the bow extremely quite. Anybody else shot one yet?

YUP, it's very nice. Shoot em all and let the feel and quality guide you to the truth! All I got to say is you get what you pay for!

Has anyone shot one of the new Bowtechs with the Equalizer Cam System? Dang those things are sweet and self-tuning as well! Move the nocking point and you'll still shoot a bullet hole.

Top Bottom