Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Bow

Ghost

Life Member
I had been shooting with the same bow and equipment purchased in 1988. After attending the Chase 3d shoot and talking to many members of this site it became very obvious it was time for me to upgrade. Shredder220, Auggie and I made a road trip to Iowa City to visit Muddy at Scheels.

When I got home I couldn't put this bow down. My shooting instantly improved and I can't wait to get into the stand with a new level of confidence.

Here is what I left with in my shopping bag.

Hoyt Razortec 60-70 (65% letoff)
Hoyt Donker Stablizer
Hoyt 2 piece 6 arrow kwiver
Trophy Ridge Dropzone (I love this rest!)
Scott Little Mongoose release
Impact fiber optic site and peep
Dozen xx78 arrows and points
Camo Moleskin
6-pack 100 grain Muzzy broadheads
Hard case

And last but not least, a FREE sticker and hat.

26404-archer[1].gif

Ghost, I can understand your excitement. Some good choices there. I take it the next Rendezvous YOU will be shooting the Bear target at 80 yards in the ding-ding. The Razor is a great bow.

I assure you the hat and the sticker were not free and likely the most expensive you will ever buy. Congratulations on your new bow. I am a die hard Mathews shooter and shot the razor tec and about walked out with one... they are a great bow. No excuses now Ghost!
busted.gif

Oh come on now Limb.....you mean to tell me I somehow paid for the sticker and the hat.
evil.gif

But
yay.gif
told me they were free.

rambo.gif
yay.gif

Shovel.... I had a Hoyt Pro Vantage Plus and I shot fingers. Before that I shot a Bear recurve totally instinctive.

Ghost was like a child in a candy store after it was all setup. It was an upgrade he needed, he is now pretty darn accurate and will certainly gain more shot confidence. Glad I could tag along.......Shredder

That was definitely the most so-called "shopping" I've done in a long time. That Muddy is one heck of a salesman, I went in there going to spend $50-75 and walked out 175 in the hole. Picked up a dozen arrows, limb saver stabilizer, Monster bucks XI 1 and 2, Drury Truth XI just for fun.
Ghost should be a killing machine this year.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
26404-archer[1].gif

Ghost - don't forget the free scheels sticker and the free keychain you also got!!!
smile.gif
seriously though i'm glad you like your set up, keep us informed on how that Drop Zone rest works, from the sounds of things it's working out like i thought it would!!!

Auggie - i didn't even give you the "silver tongued
threaddevil.gif
" routine either. i only presented you with options and you jumped on them!! i think you caught the buying frenzy watching Ghost as he bought thing after thing after thing!!

Shredder - it was good meetin' ya, same with you too Auggie, come back and buy stuff from me ANYTIME!!!

Thanks to both of you, between the two of you i more than doubled my monthly sales!!
busted.gif

Limb - i thought you were all about the HavocTEC, maybe i mis-heard you.

and last but not least, the
yay.gif
would never try and pull the wool over anyones eyes. i was just happy i could let loose the ocassional cuss word when it was needed...like when i was talkin' about PSE or Browning bows. it was hilarious, i started showing Ghost the AR bows, then the Hoyts, then i was trying to explain the Bowtechs when he just said, "let's go back over here" and he walked back to the Hoyts, grabbed a Cyber & RazorTEC off the wall and said, "i want to shoot these". i was like
grin.gif
yippie[1].gif
that saves some time!!!

Hey guys Im a fresh new member on the site and cant wait to see what IowaWhitetail is all about. Hey if you guys just talk about hunting all the time on here I love it already
Now about the new bow purchase CONGRATULATIONS MAN you got a great great bow. How do I know that
Well I was just in scheels this Saturday and picked up the same exact bow.
However I have different accesories... I bought the whole matching setup with my bow and it couldnt look any sweeter I love it.
I was shooting a Hoyt Magnatec Powerflex before this year until I saw the new 2003 model Hoyts, cam and a half hd camo All the goodies I had to have one..
But just thought Id say good job man you got a great bow
And thanks to Muddy for the great recomendation
26404-archer[1].gif

HoytUSA.....Welcome to the site. If you love talking hunting with a bunch of great people you found the right place.

Good Luck in the timber this year!
waytogo.gif

HoytUSA - welcome to the site, man. so, how's that new RazorTEC workin for ya?? i always get worried everytime i set up a bow, with you i'm not so worried cuz you can shoot straight. Ghost on the other hand worries me, especially his driving of the mules at the rendezvous!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tongue.gif
busted.gif
waytogo.gif

Muddy....don't be too worried. I was consistently putting arrows in a plastic mountain dew bottle at 35 yards last night....after fine tuning your site set up.
evil.gif

fine tuning?? you must mean the sight cuz i was pretty particular about the rest. heck, i was nervous as hell setting it up praying i wouldn't get it wrong.
eek.gif

Top Bottom