Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Broadhead for Turkeys

Rudd

Life Member
Check this monster out. 4" cutting diameter. I could see me anxiously pulling this from my quiver (wait a second.....what quiver would hold this?) and cutting my blind to shreds and severing several digits.
426web-New-broadhead1.jpg

Fixed Blade Broadhead designed to be shot at the head and neck of a turkey. 4" total cutting surface, 128 grains.

shed, you must have replied before I edited that part......carrying that thing at 4:30 in the morning and as graceful as I am I think my wife would quad-drouple the Life Insurance policy.

Rudd,
What company makes that monster? Got a link? Aside from the quiver problem, just don't see how something that size in the open position can achieve good arrow flight
confused.gif

I've had success with 3 1/2" Sledgehammers, however, unlike the "garden rake" pictured they have a o-ring
busted.gif

...still, they have my curiousity up a little
wedgie.gif

I see that sucker giving some rests a problem. Guess with that you will have to have a longer arrow to get clearance for that head. I can see drawing back at the moment of truth and it catching on your bow handle or sight or something and the arrow coming off the string.
shrug[1].gif

I talked to some people that went to the ata show, the company says that this thing is supposed to fly exactly like a fieldpoint, (heard that one before). With my luck I would cut every fiber optic on my sight. You would need like a 36" arrow to have clearance for this thing. I can just see it now, The new Redneck broadhead for deer. That would leave one hell of a hole, if you had a heavy of enough arrow. Like a piece of rebar.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
icon_chain.gif

supertec - my sentiments exactly. pretty good concept, of course, i could accomplish the same type of look by soldering a bunch of hog panel to the end of my arrow.
evil.gif

ok, i'm sitting here crying because i'm laughing so hard at the video.

they're shooting tame white turkeys with this thing. i'm sold that it'd work well on a bird, but i don't know if i'd spend that sort of money. i about dookered in my pants when they shot a 47 pound tame turkey named "henry". at the very least, check out their videos.

30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

I know what you mean Muddy! They must have had a very skimpy budget & ran out of money after one wild turkey hunt so decided to open the gate on the neighbors pen. Deffinately not tastefully done & too pricy, looks like the blades break of easily if you watch close.
jester.gif

it said below the video area that they were required to shoot those birds before they took 'em out to shoot wild birds to confirm their lethality and such. to me, they work like a champ. i'm getting a crazy idea...should i try them...hmmm...i sent an email...i love gadgets.
jester.gif

Welcome the newest member to team Gobbler Guillotine, Mr. Muddy. I wonder if the blades would last long enough to sight them in?

I'm thinking about developing a new broadhead for turkeys myself. It's a 12" piece of Garrote wire with a weighted ball at each end. The idea being that when the arrow hits the bird the wire would wrap around his neck and strangle the bird.
icon_rolleyes[1].gif
It couldn't be any more ridiculous than that ninja blade thingy.

that video is hilarios, Rack you could invent that and not have to rub up against hillbillys anymore, while your cutting mullits. you'd be set for life and won'thave work anymore.

Always tuck your elbows in.
beerchug.gif

Rack up another ruined keyboard from coffee spitting. What a video. My co-worker that happened to walk up behind me about threw up.
smile.gif
I love how they named the turkeys before they lopped off the head.
icon_chain.gif

i've been very curious about these broadehads since i've seen them. i took the liberty of emailing the company and for the past couple weeks the prez and i have been talking. no free trials as of yet, but i did answer a few questions i had.

here is a pic of them with the aerodynamic sheathes on them. these things are designed to make the arrow spin quicker and give you the accuracy. they are also designed to BREAK OFF on PURPOSE when they hit. that's what you see flying all over in the video.

i like these broadheads, if they weren't $40 for 3 i'd have them. also, FYI they will have a full length turkey video coming out, i cannot wait for it!!

411GGwithSheaths_1_.jpg

Muddy, I think we're the only ones curious about these BH's
wedgie.gif

Looks like there's two different sizes/
diameters? You say they are supposed to break off, one shot and you throw them away?? If so, I'll have to plant another one of them $20 bill trees in the back yard
busted.gif

Top Bottom