Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Clothing

I am looking at spending the money and buying some good clothing for hunting this year. am thinking of going with Sitka Gear or Kryptek. Can anyone give me real world experience with either of these lines. I am not really interested in brand bashing, just facts about each line.

I hunt throughout the season n every weather condition. I hike back into far off sets and also hunt easy to access farms. Thanks for the info.

Big fan of under armour infrared. When layered it's super warm and super light. Best I have used. Best part is you don't have to drop a grand to get a couple pieces. Kept me warm last fall even when super cold. All I do is sit, and mostly all day sits. High marks!

I have the Sitka Fanatic series, bibs and jacket. By far the best stuff I have ever owned. Durable, quiet and extremely warm. Actually, too warm if you have to walk long distances, recover a deer that's on the run, or move a stand. My only issue is they collect burrs and such like crazy. But aside from that I highly recommend the company.

X2 for Under Armour! I've got some early season clothing from them that usually keeps me warm enough with base layers until late Oct/Early Nov. I switch to the UA Rut suit once the temps really start dropping, and I've never had any issues with sweating a lot walking in and out of stands. If you do find you're sweating a lot it's easy to roll up the suit, and pack it in with you. Not to mention the cost savings that comes with Under Armour.

If you're gonna drop Sitka kind of $ down on something, go First Lite...
http://www.firstlite.com/

x2 They have some great stuff, and I am now a believer in merino wool. However, I only have experience with their lighter weight stuff. I will be planning on buying some heavy weight stuff this year.\

Also, their customer service is pretty good. I ripped my pants on an elk hunt a couple years ago, and the lightweight glove fingers tore open from going through some thick nasty stuff. They replaced both items at no cost to me. However, with the demand for their products at this time, you can expect to wait a while for their replacement.

Functionality wise...Sitka's whitetail series is top notch. The fanatic suit is very nice. I used all the new under armour stuff ( rut suit ) etc... Last fall. More than pleased with the UA stuff. Very good fit and very warm.

King of the mountain wool is first class as well for sits.

I suggest trying the stuff on and then pick one. You'll be pleased with any of them.

I use under armour, use different weights for early and late. Also tried cabelas e.c.w.c.s. heavy weight and love it also.

I used the Sitka Fanatic System with the base layers , never been cold , layers nice.. Never going back best on the market for the Whitetail hunter.. IMO

Agree with using merino wool. Much better than UA in my experience. Watch camofire.com and Sierra trading post for good deals on merino wool.

Top Bottom