Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Dave Smith Turkey Decoys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha huntmup. I am a Cyclone fan and live in Ames.:moon: The Clones put $$ in my pocket due to the University, apts, businesses, and employees that hire me. The Hawks and IA city have no impact on my income, so hence my ISU loyalty. But I like the way you think Fletch. :way:

Exactly why you used Herky. Great cover. lol. You are only kidding yourself and it is obvious to everyone else. Really wasnt that hard to track down by the way.

I had a tom attack an empty Kingsford charcoal bag, the blue and red drove him crazy. ;)

JNR,
I could see you using a charcoal bag as a decoy. :D

I do agree though some birds will come to anything but for those that have hunted all of Iowa's seasons know that the true test is those last weeks of the season when it seems like they won't come to anything.

I think the realism and movement (360 degree) is a added plus at this point of the season.
They are spendy and I probably will not buy one but if I could
afford it I think it would be a good investment.

A friend of mine and I have these decoys. Last years models before the A.C.E technology. We bow hunt together and these decoys are so real they look alive. Birds actually interact with the decoys and hang around, giving the bow hunter the time needed to get a shot off. Many birds have seen every decoy out there, especially in hard hunted areas, and are decoy shy. Any decoy will work for the gun hunter, and as a gun hunter I actually prefer no decoys and no blind. When bow hunting them, I want these Dave Smith decoys. Bow setups cost $1000, blinds cost $300-400. $130 for a decoy that is the best, bar getting a stuffer, isn't out of line for us. A guy can use a $29 Dicks Sporting goods stand or a Lone wolf stand, you can use a $19 fieldline walmart pack or a $145 Badlands 2200 backpacks, you can use a $59 blind or a $400 Double Bull, etc. You get what you pay for. You guys must have some easy to hunt birds or have high populations if you are using charcoal bags to decoy birds.

A friend of mine and I have these decoys. Last years models before the A.C.E technology. We bow hunt together and these decoys are so real they look alive. Birds actually interact with the decoys and hang around, giving the bow hunter the time needed to get a shot off. Many birds have seen every decoy out there, especially in hard hunted areas, and are decoy shy. Any decoy will work for the gun hunter, and as a gun hunter I actually prefer no decoys and no blind. When bow hunting them, I want these Dave Smith decoys. Bow setups cost $1000, blinds cost $300-400. $130 for a decoy that is the best, bar getting a stuffer, isn't out of line for us. A guy can use a $29 Dicks Sporting goods stand or a Lone wolf stand, you can use a $19 fieldline walmart pack or a $145 Badlands 2200 backpacks, you can use a $59 blind or a $400 Double Bull, etc. You get what you pay for. You guys must have some easy to hunt birds or have high populations if you are using charcoal bags to decoy birds.

Just wondering which decoys you are normally using in your setup?

They only had two models till this year. An upright hen, and a jake. They look exactly like the ones you see on their website, except ours are hard bodied and don't collapse. These decoys will fool anyones eyes, as they look exactly like the real bird. His paint is bullet proof too. These new ones can even be shot with a shotgun according to their website. Dave Smith made a name for himself in the Goose decoy business 1st. Amazing detail in his work, and much more durable then dragging out a stuffed bird, and these don't get ruined when they get wet like a stuffer does. He is coming out with a strutting tom, as he came on a forum and stated so himself. I think this is in the making for next year though, if I remember right. Those guys are great about returning emails too, if you have any questions just get on their website. He says it is a lot of work getting the details of a strutting tom down. We use anywhere from 2 jakes and 2 hens to one jake and 2 hens when we hunt together.

They only had two models till this year. An upright hen, and a jake. They look exactly like the ones you see on their website, except ours are hard bodied and don't collapse. These decoys will fool anyones eyes, as they look exactly like the real bird. His paint is bullet proof too. These new ones can even be shot with a shotgun according to their website. Dave Smith made a name for himself in the Goose decoy business 1st. Amazing detail in his work, and much more durable then dragging out a stuffed bird, and these don't get ruined when they get wet like a stuffer does. He is coming out with a strutting tom, as he came on a forum and stated so himself. I think this is in the making for next year though, if I remember right. Those guys are great about returning emails too, if you have any questions just get on their website. He says it is a lot of work getting the details of a strutting tom down. We use anywhere from 2 jakes and 2 hens to one jake and 2 hens when we hunt together.

Thank you for the information. :way:

huntemup, I can assure you I am not Mr. hardcorehunter. Looking at your posts, the few that you have, you seem to have an agenda or issue with hardcorehunter. Your only posts have all been directed at him or threads he has started. Why don't you move on to another forum or take it up in pms with him. Your posts don't seem to have any valuable insight in them and you post nothing positive. You seem like a negative individual, and/ or perhaps jealous of this hardcorehunter. Did he beat you out in a longest tail feather contest or steal a girlfriend? I come on these forums for enjoyment, as I am sure most of us do, to learn about new products or techniques.

huntemup, I can assure you I am not Mr. hardcorehunter. Looking at your posts, the few that you have, you seem to have an agenda or issue with hardcorehunter. Your only posts have all been directed at him or threads he has started. Why don't you move on to another forum or take it up in pms with him. Your posts don't seem to have any valuable insight in them and you post nothing positive. You seem like a negative individual, and/ or perhaps jealous of this hardcorehunter. Did he beat you out in a longest tail feather contest or steal a girlfriend? I come on these forums for enjoyment, as I am sure most of us do, to learn about new products or techniques.

Nice try again HCH. By nobody here is dumb enough to think it is anyone other than you or your sweetie which would be even more sad. You are the only one buying this bs. :p Move along now.

You might enjoy visiting my page and reading the messages.;)

I come on these forums for enjoyment, as I am sure most of us do, to learn about new products or techniques.

And so do I ! Myself and many others are getting real tired of the personal attacks. huntemup, take up your personal issues with HCH in private.
This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom