Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New DXT

I just ordered mine 2mins ago. Sale depends on me selling my Outback tonight. But it sounds like a done deal. Lee and Tiff are sponsered by Mathews so every year they will be shooting the newest model, this year it is the DXT.

Dean

I think I like mine so far...

20069_DXT_RH_1.jpg

Hey 311, I was wondering if you have received your new dxt and what difference you are noticing from your outback. I too have an outback and also purchased a dxt. I kept my outback, either I will shoot it or give it to my son. Here's what I don't understand, maybe some of you bow tuners/customizers can help me out.
I thought this dxt was supposed to be a flatter shooting/quicker bow than my outback(perhaps I misunderstood this). It is smoother on the draw and doesn't have a hump in the cam to get to the let off. I removed my sight from my outback and placed it on the dxt. I moved the complete enclosure to get my 20 yard pin on. When I shot, the rest of my pins-30,40,50 they were all on. There was no difference between the outback and the dxt according to my pins for arrow fall. The outback is at 59 lbs. and the dxt is at 61 lbs. The only other difference is the outback has a drop away rest and I put a whisker bisq on the dxt for hunting purposes.
Can someone explain to me why I didn't have to move the rest of my pins??

Pat Cady,

I got my new DXT. I have quite the story involved in that alone. But after buying then having to take it to another shop to have some work done to it. I finally am able to start doing some real shooting with it.
It is definatly faster than my outback. My outback is somewhere in the neighbor hood of 65-67lbs; my DXT is real close to 61. My DXT is faster no doubt. In my thinking the faster the bow the more flat your trajectery should be assuming your shooting the same arrow; Im probably wrong on this. I have a 4 pin site on my DXT and a 1pin movable on my outback. My pins are farely close I am thinking Im going to have to do a 20, 35, 45ish, 55ish. I have my 20, 30 pins set and they are really close together. I may look at removing a pin as well closer to hunting season.

All in all, now that I have shot a couple of hunderd arrows through this DXT I dont think I should have gotten rid of my Outback as far as money compared the quality, there's really not that much difference. I did get 600 for it which was slightly more than I figured it was really worth. I had said if I cant get 6 I wasnt going to buy a new one. After they came out with the Outback there hasnt been a whole lot of technology increase. They just change minor things every year; cam, add a dampener, change the riser, ect...

Dean

Top Bottom