Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Growth?

Split_G3
just wondering if anyone had any trail cam pics of new growth yet? and if so have you seen any significant growth? i am wanting to put mine back up but don't know if new growth would be significant enough yet to be able to start identifying specific deer from last year! i just seen a buck 4 days ago that did have significant growth, about 10-12 inches of growth, most i have ever seen in april!
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

You know that little "honey hole" in Tennessee you discoverd last time you were down this way. A buddy of mine seen a few that had some good growth. He also seen one that had only one side and said that the one side was nice.

last weekend i saw 10 different bucks and they all had about 3 inches of antler growth.

here is what growth there is here in illinois at my place not much.notice the spot on his head where his antler is getting ready to grow.
145773.JPG

I had seen two bucks starting to grow back while turkey hunting. I glassed them with my binoculars, and then tried to pull it in with my video camera and take a snapshot, but had a branch that wouldn't allow me to focus. I was amazed at the amount that has already grown back. The one I really wanted on film had a very large diameter for the base.

Shredder, were you out scouting one of your hunting spots? No wonder you have such high success. How tall are those fences?!

Saw 9 deer in a group behind my house a couple of days ago. All were bucks. Two had about 4-5 inches of growth, all others were small nubs.

Saw a 2 or 3 year old while turkey hunting a couple days ago. He had about 6+" of growth. Showed both brows and just starting to broaden for a g-2.

I was watching a buck this evening whom had main beam growth even with the tips of his ears and about 3" brows... I'm assuming he dropped fairly early, looks to have awesome potential!

Got these pictures yesterday off my deecam (same deer in both pics). Actually this is the same deer as above that I posted 4-30-04:

159763.JPG

mike

excellent photos liv! i just put my trail cam out today i'll post my pics also when i get them and i'll compare with ya!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom