Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New high power

iowachip

I am going down to MO this fall for High power Deer, next year i will be going out to CO for Elk, I would only like to buy one Gun, what is everyones faviort all in one gun?

Though I have not yet hunted deer with it. The .300 win mag I bought sure did the trick on my recent Elk hunt. Check out the ballistics on one of those. You will like the rifle. I am planning on shooting deer with it this year as well.

I have a very nice wichester 30.06 i used for ek hunting for sale pics are in the classifieds. Great gun i just dont ever use a high power.

.270 Winchester Short Mag. Fast, flat shooting with a lot of knock down power out to 300 and beyond. Great for deer and you can load them heavy enough for elk.

I couldn't make up my mind, so I bought a 7mm mag and a .270. Had always been a 30-06 fan, can't go wrong there. Anywhere you happen to find yourself, you are likely to find ammo for the '06. There is a lot to be said for the 270. It doesn't punish the shooter and has enough energy for most anything. If you are at all recoil sensitive, that would be my vote.

[ QUOTE ]
That's easy...........30-06

[/ QUOTE ]
waytogo.gif

I have a 7mmMag., a .270. I recently made BOTH of them obsolete when I purchased a T/C Encore in .280 Rem. Awesome round with magnum ability. It would be my choice if I could only have, ONE GUN!
shocked.gif

I once asked the head of our tactical team unit if there was one gun they had to use what would it be and he advised that for dependibility and accuracy for that one shot he did not hesitate with his answer. 30-6...
trper
busted.gif
rambo.gif

There are so many options that you could go with on this. .270 win short, 300/300 win short, .308, 30-06, 7mm Any time you drop into the win short category you might not be able to find ammo just anywhere, so make sure you have some stashed everywhere just in case you forget it. I bought a .270 win short this spring and I love this gun. But then again, it's the newest gun I have so therefore it's my favorite. But in a 30-06, 165 grain for whitetails and a 175 or 180 grain for elk would for sure do the trick! Good luck!

I've killed a couple deer with a 300 win mag and thought it was overkill. I shot a nice buck in the front shoulder and there was blood clots clear back to the hind quarters. They are nice guns but may be a little to much for deer. the 270 or 30-06 would be a better choice in my opinion.
Andyhunts

300WSM.
Why by a new gun chambered for a long cartridge when the new short mags are available. I assume it will be a bolt gun.
But you asked about the gun not what cartridge. So the answer is obvious.
ENCORE........

I currently have two high power guns. My main hunter is my T/C Encore 300 win mag and my back-up is a Remington 700 BDL SS 7mm mag. Both shoot great, but the Encore is a little more accurate it literally shoots in the same holes.
blush.gif

Top Bottom