Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Hunting Magazine (Shameless Plug)

SaskGuy

Hey guys, I asked Chris if it was alright to do a shameless plug and I got the go ahead so here it is.

Awhile back some guys from up here contacted me and asked if I would be interested in helping them out with some things in a new hunting publication they were putting together. I decided it sounded like an interesting venture to get involved in, although it still just seems weird to me that anyone would be interested in what I have to say about whitetail hunting as other than my kids, no members of my family could give a care at all.

Anyways, they have assembled what I think is a great team of people to contribute to the mag., and it will be coming out for the first time in summer 2013. The first issue is ready to go to print and it is full of hunt stories etc, much like that of big buck magazine out of Saskatchewan as well. I wrote a story of a hunt for the issue and aim to be a regular contributor. I am not a real technology savvy guy but realize it's a big media tool these days and have just recently learned how to contribute to the magazine's facebook page. (They had been posting my stuff for me:eek:)

If you are interested, check it out on facebook, Big Game Illustrated.
Lots of shed hutning updates on there now, trail cam pics etc...

Thanks for allowing the plug Chris, really am hoping to spread the awareness, truly believe it'll be a great magazine. Thanks.

I'll definitely check it out.... no doubt there will be a ton of folks interested in learning from you Saskguy! Looking forward to seeing what the mag has to offer!

Can not wait for their new magazine to hit the shelves,, I also know for you hunter's that are familar with spot and stalk hunter Marc Anthony, he will be sharing some article's in the big game issue's as well,

If Saskguys in it, I'm reading it. (I follow lots of your posts on AT)

Some of us don't do facebook. Do you have a webpage?

I've hunted Saskatchewan 3 times. Love it up there.

Will it be a story mag like Big Buck, or educational?

Will it be a story mag like Big Buck, or educational?

It'll be a combination but predominantly stories. There is a demand for some educational but it'll definately be a strong majority for "like Big Buck". I am going to try and contribute something for each issue, it'll be quarterly, like Big Buck. The first issue my article will be a hunt story of my 2010 muzz buck. I agreed to try write some iformational stuff, just very basic, but realistically don't feel like an authority to do so.

There is a webpage, www.biggameillustrated.com but it does not have near the content right now as the facebook page gets 2 or 3 new shed hunting update/trail cam pics/ live photos etc a day.

Dude, part of your appeal as a big buck killer, is that your so modest. I'd say your are an authority to give any info you want to pass along.

I had talked to Devin about this publication, cannot wait to see the finished product! let us know when/where we can find it.

Just thought I'd bring this back to the top with a bit of info about the first issue. There should be some incredible animals. I have a 196 gross buck from 2010 in it and the detailed hunt story but it'll pale in comparison to some animals.

For the first issue we have Saskatchewans biggest moose from this year. If you know moose you know how big a 200 net moose is. Saskatchewans biggest typical from this fall, 187 net (200"+ typical frame), 250+ non-typ whitetail from 2012 in SK, what we believe is the world biggest mulie in 2012, 272" taken here also, a big woods heavy elk, lots of 'real' hunting stories.

Should be good.

It's going to the printer, coming in May.
72109_460158874054524_1585344739_n.jpg

The first issue of Big Game Illustrated Magazine is complete! Here is a sneak peak of our first cover for all of our friends on facebook. Please help us spread the word and share it with your friends!
It will be going to the printers in a... few weeks so subscriptions are now available! Some of the highlights of Issue 1 are:
- Exclusive story on the #1 mule deer in the world for 2012
- Full and first time printed stories of the #1 typical and #1 hard horn non-typical whitetail taken in Saskatchewan in 2012
- The 'future of hunting' kids section
- Giant moose and elk stories
- Big whitetails and mule deer from Alberta
- Massive whitetail from the Midwest
- Loaded with incredible photography and 'real' hunting stories told from the hunters perspective

Subscriptions now available with paypal:
http://biggameillustrated.com/index.php/online-store/subscriptions
or with cheque or money orders:
http://www.biggameillustrated.com/index.php/component/content/article/15-store-documents/67-cheque-or-money-order-purchases

If you like Big Buck, you'll like this one. Multiple 200" plus bucks,...mammoth 2013 250" whitetail sheds from Sask.... it's full of good stuff, even a great ground hunting article from Marc Anthony out of Illinois. And best of all,... very few ads.
How do I decide who will win one? I'll send one out I just need to come up with a contest idea.

I would think that the first guy to comment on this post should win! :D I clicked on the pay by check link and it says its broken. :( I don't use Paypal.

Here is the order form if you want to print it out and mail it with your check or money order.

If any one want's a chance to win this first Issue , let me know I will come up with a little contest and the lucky winner with receive this first issue Free>

Last edited:
I've got it,...
to the nearest tenth of a pound, how heavy was Reid's largest pike caught on our first trip of the year??? The little bugger boated hundreds of the toothy critters.
01414.jpg

Top Bottom