Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Lone Wolf Stand?

Looking at buying the new Lone wolf alpha Tec hang on! Anyone have this stand or used this stand before? Amazon has them for 139.99 and everywhere else they are 189.99 to 209.99 not sure how or why its so much cheaper but looks like a good deal I know the thicker seat makes them all day sets a lot more enjoyable! Any advice is appreciated!

I would pay the extra $20 and get the XOP with the solid cast platform. It is essentially an LW stand. Field Supply has them for $159.

I have used Lone Wolf stands for 24 years but if I ever need another one it will be a XOP.

I've got a XOP hang on mainly for the weight rating. Two weekends ago I had the eyelet on the cable break on one side as I was leaning to one side with a shooter coming in I was actually impressed that how sturdy it still was with just one cable. Needless to say the pop noise alerted the deer and turned around and walked back into the standing corn. I called XOP and it was nice to have a real person pick up the phone and not transfer me around. They sent me out a entire new leveling system and different cables. Although I was pretty pissed that it happened after I have passed up some decent deer this year and had finally had a good one in sights, I'm just thankful for not falling out. The platform dipped down on the one side but it was easy to catch my balance. I was also wearing my Muddy harness too just glad I didn't have to fully use it. From here on out I will be buying XOP. Local to Iowa and they do have some great lightweight sturdy stands.

I've got a XOP hang on mainly for the weight rating. Two weekends ago I had the eyelet on the cable break on one side as I was leaning to one side with a shooter coming in I was actually impressed that how sturdy it still was with just one cable. Needless to say the pop noise alerted the deer and turned around and walked back into the standing corn. I called XOP and it was nice to have a real person pick up the phone and not transfer me around. They sent me out a entire new leveling system and different cables. Although I was pretty pissed that it happened after I have passed up some decent deer this year and had finally had a good one in sights, I'm just thankful for not falling out. The platform dipped down on the one side but it was easy to catch my balance. I was also wearing my Muddy harness too just glad I didn't have to fully use it. From here on out I will be buying XOP. Local to Iowa and they do have some great lightweight sturdy stands.

I'm seriously shocked you Still use them after it failed on you. Any idea why it happened? The thought of a trap door freaks me out. I would have been pretty hot after that

It definitely shouldn't have broke where it did. The eyelet where it bolts to the platform broke in half. It dropped about six inches on the side it broke on which I happen to be standing along that side. The tree I have this stand in has some large branches that angle up from under my stand so just by reaction I stepped one foot out on a branch and one on the platform. If I would have been standing on the front edge it would have been worse. After looking at the eyelet it almost looked like a alloy material or something. When I called them it sounded like they have had a few complaints about it but they have new cables now. The new set up they sent me is a steel eyelet. It was a huge reminder why I always wear a good harness even though I didn't have to rely on it. Now if something like this happened again I would never use another stand from them. The chances of that happening are very slim but guess I was that guy.

It definitely shouldn't have broke where it did. The eyelet where it bolts to the platform broke in half. It dropped about six inches on the side it broke on which I happen to be standing along that side. The tree I have this stand in has some large branches that angle up from under my stand so just by reaction I stepped one foot out on a branch and one on the platform. If I would have been standing on the front edge it would have been worse. After looking at the eyelet it almost looked like a alloy material or something. When I called them it sounded like they have had a few complaints about it but they have new cables now. The new set up they sent me is a steel eyelet. It was a huge reminder why I always wear a good harness even though I didn't have to rely on it. Now if something like this happened again I would never use another stand from them. The chances of that happening are very slim but guess I was that guy.

Do you have pictures of the new eyelet they sent you? I just got my stand in last week and would like to see if they have changed them.

The ones that came on my stand were a dark grey color (sorry I don't have a pic of them) but the new ones are black and look like this.
picture.php

Top Bottom