Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

new member/rookie hunter

youngmoose

my dad "moosehunter" has been trying to get me to sign up for awhile so now I finally have. I shot my first deer three years ago during late season muzzleloader. We thought it was a doe but turned out to be a buck. The last two seasons I've been holding out for a nice buck so I havn't tagged anything.
bawling.gif
I have had three or for opportunities at nice bucks but for different reasons didn't take any shots. My dad says he'd rather me shoot a doe than a small buck, I was wondering what whould be a nice first buck?
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

anything that fulfills your happiness...that might not make sense, but no one can tell you what a nice buck is. A spike, a four...it doesnt matter...your first buck shouldnt be huge, because then it takes a lot of fun out of it. I think that if you shoot a nice little 6 pt or something, you would be just as happy. The trophy is in the eye of the beholder, so no one can tell you...just my input

[ QUOTE ]
anything that fulfills your happiness... The trophy is in the eye of the beholder, so no one can tell you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put. Anything taken ethically is a trophy to me. Anybody says different isn't hunting for the right reasons.

Take what you want when you want. And GOOD LUCK to you.
waytogo.gif

Make sure you're having fun and if it is driving you crazy to continue passing take a few average deer and give yourself time to mature into that trophy hunter. The last two post here are full of wisdom. Have fun, have fun, have fun and just in case I forgot to mention it have fun.
busted.gif

Top Bottom