New must have application

Hey DOR. I'm not pissed. Heck, I bring my phone with me all the time now that I service where I hunt. But I have it incase of an emergency (or play games if I'm really bored). And I've been known on occasion to buy something new and cool, if it's useful. Which reminds me, I still have to get a Butt Out. But if a new hunter, no matter what age, learns and developes good woodsmanship skills, there is not an app in the world that can replace that.

I dont think any of us are mad about it, or really "trashing" the idea. I mean its all great. Just not practical for some, great for others. As I said before, to each their own. Its a great thing though DOR

Understood, and my apologies. I must have personally read the negative connotation into some posts. Just seemed like a great opportunity for a positive post from a guy developing new product however that wasn't what I was picking up.

To each their own is correct.

Hunt IT
https://market.android.com/details?id=seMn.App&feature=search_result

Couple thoughts here guys.

-Was kinda surprised I got eye rolls and "ridiculous" comments.....wheres the IW love I used to know? LOL

-We are talking about a 99 cent app here so lets not go overboard.

-This app has nothing to do with woodsmanship. I see no correlation whatsoever to owning a phone and developing/improving ones woodsmanship. Its a very simple tool to make life easier for those who happen to own an Android platform phone- nothing more.

-I dont see how carrying a phone in your pocket lessons ones experience in the woods. If anything, for me at least, it extends the time I'm am out by keeping me occupied during long mid day down times.

-I was guilty of reading between the lines in a few comments as well Dark Archer, but that's what it is.

-For those of you with positive comments or encouragement....Thanks.

-I am OK with negative comments, but when I make one I usually try to have some background in the matter, though I have very rarely ever made any here at IW regarding other members endeavors.

Liv, the first version will not be GPS enabled (though it does have a spot to enter them if desired). That will be an update down the road.

I am working on a youtube video Demo for the Market Place. When I complete it I will post here.

OneCam, thanks for letting me post this!

Lastly, I didn't think anyone was pissed...:way::D:drink2:

Last edited:
what a bunch of crybabies.... seriously, you guys griping about the technological age, get over it and yourselves! if you don't want to use hand held devices, so be it, but there is NOTHING wrong with enjoying the benefits of cool toys! Go back to your cave, draw a picture with a piece of charcoal and let live....

sheesh.

DOR, great idea I think it has its place and will serve those who choose to use it nicely.

app

-Was kinda surprised I got eye rolls and "ridiculous" comments.....wheres the IW love I used to know? LOL We are talking about a .99 cent app here-----quote from DOR

DOR: I have an iphone and I own a business so I have a simple question for you that is more out of curiousity...How do you make enough money on a .99 cent app to justify the development of it?

Second, is that .99 cents a one time fee, where you pay for upgrades. If you would be willing, please share.

Third....I have a crazy idea for an app...did you produce it, or did you have a company produce the app? Thanks, H11

Last edited:
WE produced it. I personally didn't write the code.....not my cup of tea. There is money to be had besides the .99 cents one time fee. No charges for updates are planned. I would love to hear your app idea if you care to share send me a PM.

Not going to get rich on this one guys!

Last edited:
Looks like a good idea to me. Something that has the potential to save your life one day can't be a bad deal. I like the wind option just for the fact it forces you to use it and have the text sent out. I fell once last year and got a pretty good cut out of the deal. Afterwards you start to think how if it had been more serious would anyone actually find you, in this case the answer would of been no.

I think it's a great app. Like someone posted earlier my wife is clueless regarding my exact location. When it comes to life and death time is of the essence. Great product. DOR good luck with the product. God or obama forbid someone make a couple bucks on a great idea.

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a great idea, even if it will cost me money! Good luck with it DOR, being able to let my wife know EXACTLY where I'm at with GPS coordinates rather than an approximation on the kitchen counter is great, safe, and smart. I know if I told my wife I was hunting the "West Bluff Overlook" on the 15000 acre piece of public I hunt I'd be a dead man if something happened.

I might open my wallet here... maybe! ;)

All cell phones have a gps tracking device in them most people just turn them off and most smart phones I believe have the ability to get the gps cordinates off a certain phone if that phones gps is not shut off

Hey DOR. I didn't mean to slam your app and I sure didn't mean to sound negative. That wasn't my intention. In fact, it sounds like a useful tool. I only really was trying to point out that IMO, a well rounded hunter should gain thier knowledge by lesson learned and taught. Sometimes, like pretty much all of us have experienced, those lessons can be a bit tough, but those are the ones you remember.

My profuse apologies:eek:

Hey DOR. I didn't mean to slam your app and I sure didn't mean to sound negative. That wasn't my intention. In fact, it sounds like a useful tool. I only really was trying to point out that IMO, a well rounded hunter should gain thier knowledge by lesson learned and taught. Sometimes, like pretty much all of us have experienced, those lessons can be a bit tough, but those are the ones you remember.

My profuse apologies:eek:

Wasn't to worried about it Moose :drink2:

Sorry DOR if my thoughts offended you. Best of luck to you in your ventures.

Was kinda surprised I got eye rolls and "ridiculous" comments.....wheres the IW love I used to know? LOL

It must have followed some members that used to contribute away.

Definitely not offended Sask.....like I said though, I see no correlation with woodsmanship and owning/using a phone. Must guys complete both functions I have on the app already. They have a stand list (paper usually or in their mind if they can remember it all) and they leave a note or call someone in regards to their where-a-bouts. The app does both and way faster. It doesn't shoot the deer for you unfortunately.:D

Once you get to your location you could leave the phone in the car as the app would be used before you got to your stand likely..... that is, if carrying a cell phone takes away from your personal hunting experience.

I drive a car (dont ride a horse), usually shoot a compound (dont throw a spear), usually wear high performance clothes like Sitka (not a buffalo robe) ..etc.... so carrying it doesn't really bother me much......see where I'm going with this?

Of course, I'm only semi serious with the above stuff and mostly funning with some you guys to get a rise! :D Sorry couldn't resist. I was kinda hoping HCH would chime in here and really get this thread to take off. Thanks again guys!:drink1:

So not to sound really stupid, does it work without service though? maybe it was mentioned before...cause I usually dont bother to carry my phone because most of my spots I cant get service within 20 miles

Yes on the stand orgnize/selection part.....possibly on the safety txt.

depends how crappy crappy is on your service.....you could send the txt while you still had service

Back