Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New rifle - first day shooting

LYON

PMA Member
A little over a week ago I picked up my new 22-250. I was looking for something to use for coyotes and prairie dogs and landed on the Marlin X7 varmint hunter. Synthetic stock, marlin's pro trigger, 26" bull barrel. Its somewhat of a budget rifle which suits me just fine! I decided to go with this rifle after reading some very good reviews. Topped with a 6-24x44 konuspro mil dot rifle scope (again budget scope with great reviews, are you getting the trend?)
IMG_20130312_164540_870_zpsfff8ac0f.jpg

A guy I work with and I went to do some shooting today and as you can imagine I have been anxiously waiting to shoot my new toy. Armed with my gun and a box of winchester 45 grain jacketed hollow points I wasn't looking for anything terribly precise, just wanted to do a break in more than anything. Boy was I surprised! This gun shot incredible! Here is a picture of shots 4, 5 and 6 at 100 yards.
IMG_20130316_155022_855_zpsd9dab79f.jpg

The hole down to the right was not part of that group.
Before the day was done, my co-worker had put a four shot group together and there were only two holes on the paper. We're pretty sure one of the holes, bottom right, was just a single shot because it showed no sign of being oblonged, so the other hole, top left, (which was hardly oblonged at all) had three shots in it!
IMG_20130316_164343_920_zps75bb9da5.jpg

After 20 rounds I only had one group that was over an inch, and that was mostly me hurrying my shots towards the end of the day. Pretty awesome for factory loads. Can't wait to see what she will do when I start working up some hand loads!

I can't wait to see what happens when you get that barrel broken in and loads worked up! That is my favorite part of a new rifle!!

I have the x7 in the .243, I love it, I couldn't believe how good it shot for the price, I was shooting a remington model 700 .243 but after shooting the marlin I don't think I'll even get the Remington out again.

Top Bottom