Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Sitka Pattern

Jbohn

I see Sitka has it's new Whitetail pattern out looks great, I have the old Sitka pattern any reason they switched from the opti-fade. Wondering why they went away with it. Thoughts

I was wondering if the pattern wasn't effective, anybody Use Sitka and have any issues with the pattern.

How do you like the Sitka? I was thinking about moving to that camo, last year I froze the entire year and am looking for new.

By far the best hunting clothing I have ever owned, I hunted late season and never got cold, I have the Fanatic Jacket, Bibs and I use there layering system will never go back.. Great stuff worth the money in my mind specially if you are a bow hunter..

By far the best hunting clothing I have ever owned, I hunted late season and never got cold, I have the Fanatic Jacket, Bibs and I use there layering system will never go back.. Great stuff worth the money in my mind specially if you are a bow hunter..

I'm totally agreeing with this.

I see Sitka has it's new Whitetail pattern out looks great, I have the old Sitka pattern any reason they switched from the opti-fade. Wondering why they went away with it. Thoughts

The pattern they had was made for areas not in the Midwest. They have found this pattern is more suitable for midwest states and they are going after that market. When they say they sell gear and not clothing they are correct. The quality is unmatched!!

I have had no problem with the Optifade pattern. Very well said bkcrrtnps it's gear. Yes the new stuff looks better to the human eye but the old is just as effective. It hasn't and won't effect my success hunting deer. I talked to the Sitka rep at the Deer Classic for a long time he gave me a lot of pointers on how to layer clothes. I made out like a bandit on the fire sale of the old pattern. I have ordered one new item of the new pattern that I was missing. New pattern or old pattern if you try it you won't be sorry.

I have had no problem with the Optifade pattern. Very well said bkcrrtnps it's gear. Yes the new stuff looks better to the human eye but the old is just as effective. It hasn't and won't effect my success hunting deer. I talked to the Sitka rep at the Deer Classic for a long time he gave me a lot of pointers on how to layer clothes. I made out like a bandit on the fire sale of the old pattern. I have ordered one new item of the new pattern that I was missing. New pattern or old pattern if you try it you won't be sorry.

Off subject but what were his layering pointers?

There are many ways to layer depending on what system you are using. I don't want to give you miss information so its best to call them or talk to your dealer. The pointers were for what I was missing for extreme cold weather like last year. So now I have Mernio Wool base layer, Traverse layers, Stratus vest, Fanatic jacket and bibs. The new item I am getting is the Fanatic Hoodie. The best place to get Sitka Gear is from Buck Hallow Sports give Boyd a call if you want the new gear. There are still many great deals on the Internet for the old pattern but they are going fast.

The old pattern seemed to dark for me but obviously there are guys who really like it. I would think a little bit lighter pattern would be a great addition to their line. I would have probably worn their western Big Game pattern before the optifade pattern. Just my opinion

I have never had an issue with the old whitetail optifade pattern. On a side note, if you are a public servant, LE, Military, teacher, etc sign up for an account on leo adventures. You get big discounts on all Sitka gear.

The old pattern seemed to dark for me but obviously there are guys who really like it. I would think a little bit lighter pattern would be a great addition to their line. I would have probably worn their western Big Game pattern before the optifade pattern. Just my opinion

Agreed.

I never understood why they marketed the optifade pattern for the Midwest when it clearly wasn't designed for it. As cheap as the old pattern gets on camofire it is awful tempting to pick some up even though I feel there would be limited scenarios where that dark of a pattern would work. From what I hear it's a heck of a product from a quality standpoint though.

If you want the new stuff I would get the order in soon. I'm sure there is only limited production and it will probably be sold out by mid summer.

Buck Hollow is the place to buy Sitka! Support a local business!

Does anyone have experience with there Incinerator series. Looking at the web-site it is made to roll up and pack to the stand which is a nice feature. They say it is super warm .. Would like feed back.. They say you cant put it on a walk because you will burn up..

Last edited:
I would never even think of walking in with my Fanatic gear let alone the Incinerator series. The sweat would be running and that makes for a miserable hunt.

If you want the old pattern Mountain Archery.Com is the best place to check out. 20 to 30% off plus you get free shipping.

Top Bottom