Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Soybean Plot

I have 4 acres available to plant a food plot in our crp contract. I already have 1 acre of clover established and I want to plant the remaining 3 acres in soybeans. I have soybeans available that were left overs from last year.I would like to plant them after all the neighboring ag fields have been planted in hopes the deer will leave them alone for a bit.

So I am wondering what date is the latest I could plant them?

I've heard that as long as you get them in the ground by the 4th of July you can still get a crop. Might not want to wait that long though. You may not want to be too far behind the neighboring crops or yours are then the youngest, most tender???? When the neighbors are planting theirs, I do mine. Good luck.

I would do it before June 15th, but there are a lot of variables, such as weather.

I always plant a late maturing rr bean in the 1st 10 days of June. Usually a little green left for the first couple days of archery season. If they get destroyed by browse pressure, disc them under and put in radishes or a mix if your contract will allow.

Good luck

I would do it before June 15th, but there are a lot of variables, such as weather.

I always plant a late maturing rr bean in the 1st 10 days of June. Usually a little green left for the first couple days of archery season. If they get destroyed by browse pressure, disc them under and put in radishes or a mix if your contract will allow.

Good luck

This was my plan exactly, so the first part of June it is! Do you braodcast, row crop or drill them in?

Thanks

Top Bottom