Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Stand

Iowa_Bucks

Quick question would it be to late to hang a stand? I have seen bigger bucks travel this fence line in the past and was wondering if I put up a stand on Thursday would it be ok to hunt out of Thursday night?

Quick question would it be to late to hang a stand? I have seen bigger bucks travel this fence line in the past and was wondering if I put up a stand on Thursday would it be ok to hunt out of Thursday night?

Yes. Best time to sit in a stand is the first night

Yes. Best time to sit in a stand is the first night

What He Said, I Shot My Biggest Buck Doing This Very Thing, I Got In Early To Movr My Stand About Eighty Yds, Closer To Bedding Area, And That Night Had A Mauture Buck Standing Right Under Me For An Hour Waiting For Yhe Sun To Go Down Before He Emtered The Field Well He Never Maid It Cause I Stuck Him. I Woulda Never Even Known That Deer Was There If I Hadnt moved

I've moved stands numerous times. Location is one of the biggest keys. I tend to move towards the routes does are taking to be prepared for when the rut starts. Once the bucks start chasing then I tend to stay put because he'll usually run within range at some point, but I move a lot if I can tell I'm not in the right area. After years of hunting the same area you may not find yourself moving at all due to experience of hunting the ground.

I bought the Muddy Vantage so I hope can be more mobile. I move around a lot. Go for it, it proves successful for me sometimes.

I bought the Muddy Vantage so I hope can be more mobile. I move around a lot. Go for it, it proves successful for me sometimes.

I got the Vantage as well, my only gripe is the stupid cam strap on the bottom. What would have made this stand great would have been the Vantage "Super mount" with the rope cam attachment for the bottom.

I just got a Bloodsport stand as well and probably give a slight nod to the Bloodsport.

I got the Vantage as well, my only gripe is the stupid cam strap on the bottom. What would have made this stand great would have been the Vantage "Super mount" with the rope cam attachment for the bottom.

I just got a Bloodsport stand as well and probably give a slight nod to the Bloodsport.

Skyler - If you contact Muddy they may sell you a rope cam to be installed rather than the cam strap....its worth a shot.

We hold back 2 - 3 stands every year and do the hang and hunt thing the first week of November. Just like everyone else says, it is a real good strategy this time of the year.

Super quiet & leave minimum scent & pop back in worth a shot if you're wanting to do the same day. or just get there an hour early and hang & hunt. Maybe only other 2 cents would be making sure your wind is right when you hunt this thing.

Top Bottom