Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New To Iowa Hunting...

texdomer

It looks like I am going to get a chance to hunt Wayne County next year. I am a long time hunter in Texas however we don't use many muzzle loaders down here. Any tips on brands of muzzle loaders, reliable scope or type of slug to use for that part of the state? Thanks in advance... Good hunting

If its a muuzzy u want you cant go wrong with a CVA optima, just bought one and man its a tack driver, shotgun wise I shoot a remi 870 wingmaster with a hastings slug barrel another tack driver

Thanks is there a particular grain of .50 cal slug you would recommend? I am leaning toward a muzzy due to range from what I have been told. I have never hunted deer with either. We only use high powered rifles down here for the most part.

I have shot a very inexpensive muzzy set up for quite a while now.....

CVA Wolf .50 cal
Leupold VX-1

I think all said and done I was around $300 into it. It all depends on what you want to spend honestly as there's tons of great options out there. The best piece of advice I can give you is to put good glass on it.

I shoot 100gr pyrodex (2-50gr pellets) and a 295gr powerbelt hollowpoint....been a great load for me.

I shoot a Thompson Center Impact and a Knight Wolverine. Both are great guns never had a misfire on either one of them. However the Optima is a great gun also but I didnt care for the weight of it so much.

Top Bottom