Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New World Record Buck Taken?

bkhjelmeland

I was informed tonight that there was a new World record buck taken in Iowa. I can't remember the nearest town although it was given to me. I was told it was a typical 16 pointer scoring 238. It is supposedly the new record for a typical and was taken during shotgun season. I have been looking all over the web for it and have found nothing. Can anyone verify it and or post pics of it?

Actually there were 2 world records killed in Iowa, 4 in Nebraska, 3 in Kansas, 1 in Missouri, 1 possibly in Western Kentucky, 4 in Alberta Canada, and 7 in Saskatchewan. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

The buck you more than likely heard about is this one link . Timber Ghost is a high fence operation. The reason you got the two previous responses is because this topic has been beat to death although I couldn't seem to find the link here on IW either!

Tomo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,

Welcome to the site!

...Timber Ghost is a high fence operation. The reason you got the two previous responses is because this topic has been beat to death although I couldn't seem to find the link here on IW either!

Tomo </div></div>

Welcome to the site!

Buckkiller, your question was legit enough. One thing you'll notice is that when the deer seasons end, the members tend to get a bit (sometimes a lot) grumpy. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Welcome to the site - you'll enjoy it.

I learned something new today. I guess when you go to places like that you have a guide go with you. When the guide sees the deer he tells you what it will cost to harvest him. Some deer are 5 grand. Some are 50. Im not sure what that one cost from Timberghost but im sure he was around 50k.

sofa,

go to the timberghost website and you'll find out how wrong you are about the pricing.

No mention anywhere of 50k hunts. Maybe 15k total with a tip afterwards.

Shows what i know. I should let peoples words go in one ear and out the other until i have the real facts i guess. :/. Sorry i guess i should of looked into it farther. He also said that Ted Nugent owns a farm in Iowa and my friend watched a video with the guide pricing a buck at 25 grand before the hunter shot it. Thats probably not true either. Who knows. Id like to know for a fact how much that TimberGhost buck actually cost that guy though. I know one thing, ill stick with shooting my deer for the price of a tag. Even if he doesnt break 150. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I know one thing, ill stick with shooting my deer for the price of a tag. Even if he doesnt break 150. </div></div>

Amen on that one. That's where my budget puts me also...even if I had 25K to blow it certainly wouldn't be spent on a single deer hunt in Iowa.

Top Bottom