Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New World Record.......

Man what a monster bull! I had a big 6X6 at 10 yards once bowhunting but never got my shot off, I can't imagine a chance at a monster like that.
shocked.gif
I bet Ole Chuck Adams will be crying in his beer. He has a lot of records though so giving up one won't hurt him.
grin.gif
I sure would love to hunt AZ.

Lucky Cheesehead!
grin.gif
Stud of a bull, WOW! Sounds like he worked hard for a well deserved trophy.

Went on one of those 5,000 to New Mex proff. Big Game outfitters (Mick Chapell) mainly because a guy from here in Ia. killed the state record bull with him. I had a laim guide but had my chance @ 40yds hit a real expensive limb on a big 6pt. Had big bulls close and am confident with a good partner
laugh.gif
and $ 1000 alot of luck drawing unit 15 I can go unguided and get a second chance.There was no pressure because of the limited # of tags and the unit is prim weapon only!
smirk.gif
My guide was good with a Gps and great at calling but never did! We got some nice elk/mulie sheds out of the trip. It was an expensive experience but bottom line I got my chance that I wanted

WOW! Hell of a bull.

I don't see Chuck's listed from I believe 2004, I was under the understanding that he had the number 1&2 in the World? Is this right or not?

G6- If you want to hunt AZ then don't let another year pass without putting in for a tag. $113.50 a year for bonus points and it will take you an average of 10 years to pull a tag however you can get lucky and beat the odds and pull one before that. Tag will cost about $515 the year you draw. There is not a bad unit in AZ however south of Flagstaff gets alot of pressure and is not as good of quality as they don't reach a ripe old age. I pulled a tag this year with 4 points but the NR cap will now only allow 10% to go to us. I did the trip for $2000. $815 tag, $330 gas, $400 for food/lodging, and $500 for equiptment upgrades. Result? 2 hours into the hunt I vented a 330" 6 point that went 75 yards and piled up. 725# dressed. My buddy hunted the rest of the week but couldn't connect however he had his chances. I saw 7 bulls bigger then the one I got. Saw very few people that were out hunting, most were hiking. I happened to be in the Taxidermist shop when Shawn Patterson brought that elk in. I was probably one of the first 10 people to put my hands on it. It is unreal to say the least. 60 and 62 inch beams, 58 inch spread, and the 4ths and 5ths are all over 20 inches. I know one of the guys that was in camp with him and he killed a 365" and the third guy killed a 385" all by the third day of the hunt. You guys all live in whitetail heaven and I can only visit every 3 years. If it takes me 20 years to pull a tag again in AZ I will still think every day about shooting one of those big bruisers in Elk Heaven-it's that good.

Nonres- Chuck adams second big bull scored 399" and I think is #7 or #8.

WI Shedhead

One last thought. Any of you guys dream of killing a big bull someday at a reasonable rate need to put in NOW for limited draw tags. WY deadline is 1/31. Utah 2/16. MT 3/15. AZ in March this year. CO early april. NM early may. I have 30 good years left on these legs and I will draw each of these states primo units in that time. By starting now and being dilligent you will too!!!!!!!!! Good luck !!!!!!!!!!evryone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told that the story and pictures will be in the next few isues of North american Hunter magazine.

Top Bottom