Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New World Record?

I saw that this morning too. With all of the hype over what has happened with this buck after the harvest, can you imagine what will happen if B&C end up scoring it less than the Hanson buck?? It shouldn't happen but ya never know. Definitely be interesting

That will be interesting to see what it ends up at. Not overly impressed with King's decision to sell the rack just so the issue could be pushed to make it be scored as a typical. But given that exact situation, its hard to tell what any of us would do I guess. I'll be excited to hear what happens!

Personally, I don't really care whether or not it is scored as a world record. It is a huge whitetail and nothing can take away from that.

That being said.... I've had a hard time grasping the whole controversy. Everything I've ever known about 'typical' vs. 'non-typical' points towards this deer being non-typical. I don't think there should be any confusion whatsoever. Looks to be a blatantly obvious common base G2, but hey that's just my opinion and I'm only one man :way:

HUGE deer regardless!

Personally, I don't really care whether or not it is scored as a world record. It is a huge whitetail and nothing can take away from that.

That being said.... I've had a hard time grasping the whole controversy. Everything I've ever known about 'typical' vs. 'non-typical' points towards this deer being non-typical. I don't think there should be any confusion whatsoever. Looks to be a blatantly obvious common base G2, but hey that's just my opinion and I'm only one man :way:

HUGE deer regardless!

I agree...When I look at it, I see commone bases as well.

I guess I'm not completely sure as to what's in question? It looks very evident that it's a common base?

One awesome whitetail right there...no matter how you look at it. Quite the interesting debate though.

I would agree that this is clearly not a typical deer. I think it would be a very bad idea for the panel to measure it as a typical. The B&C would basically be saying there are rules for scoring but they can be bent if someone has enough money and power to force it. Not sure of what all the legal steps have been to get to this point, but that's kind of what it seems like especially with the original owner selling it so that someone with enough money and time could make this happen. I personally don't really care what happens in the long run, but this could be a big hit to B&C's credibility.....

So for sure will be scored as typical, did I understand & read that right? Then, pretty much a shoe in for being new world record??

Tiny & irrelevant emotional 2 cents to throw in from reading....

- I sure wish the new typ world record would be killed with a bow. Especially not a gun drive. Just my personal "wish" that doesn't matter at all. Kind of like a business owner who gets rich through years of hard work, sacrifice & knowledge VS a guy that makes the same amount of money hitting the lottery. (which each is legal and fine, I just root for the bow guy & hard working business owner in both examples).

- Not a fan of him selling the rack either BUT I have lots of friends that do it, obviously as said before, no one knows what they'd do in those scenarios BUT I'm just not a fan. Sure his right of course though.

- Last- that buck "looks" and "appears" to me like a giant buck or a heck of a buck- it looks NOTHING CLOSE TO A WORLD RECORD to me. Even if typical or WHATEVER, it just doesn't have that "look". Obviously I'm wrong but it sure makes me look twice and be like "really"?!?!?!?

2 things...

1. yes the rack was broken, but B&C began allowing broken racks/tines to be measured as long as there is no doubt it is the correct tine/rack and hasn't been repaired.

2. Just because they are measuring it as a typical doesn't give it a shoe-in WR status. It has been already measured as a typical with the tine in question counted as an abnormal, thus making it a decution. His net score when measured this way was 180"

I am guessing even if they DO measure those tines as typical, that it will still fall short of the record

The last time I checked Whitetail antlers are made of the same minerals on all males(and some females) in this species. In my opinion wouldn't that make them all typical? We all have different reasons why we hunt but one thing I have always tried to remind myself is" you can score a rack but you cant put a number on a memory" just my 2cents.

A rack has to have a certin number of non typical inches to be measured as a non typical. You could have a typical 5x5 with 1 drop tine. It could still be scored as a typical even tho it was a non typical point. It would just be left on the gross score, but not on the net score.

Kind of like a business owner who gets rich through years of hard work, sacrifice & knowledge VS a guy that makes the same amount of money hitting the lottery. (which each is legal and fine, I just root for the bow guy & hard working business owner in both examples).

So, hypothetically of course. I know where a new wr is right now but due to work commitments and the fact that I'll be spending way more time in a hockey rink with my sons (like 5 days in the rink to one hunting) than I will in a tree in the coming months I cannot hunt him except the odd evening in October. Unlike most people on this site I cannot and do not use holidays for hunting. So, b/c of that I'm going to grab my smokepole and whack him the first chance I get on an October evening after volleyball practice commitments are done at the school.

So, in your eyes, b/c of the gun it's lacking work, sacrifice and knowledge??
I'll be the anti of your stance and say I hope the next one is killed with a gun b/c the more time I'm alive the more I feel that bow only hunters have an elitist attitude over the commoners who hunt when they can, with what they can, like myself.

Sorry for being off topic but I had to. I didn't think this site was archerytalk.

Doesn't look like a typical to me but,....I don't make the call.

Top Bottom