Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Newbie Assistance on Food Plot

abrendes

I need to purchase 600lbs of 17-17-17 for my food plot. I live in Atkins Iowa and was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to purchase this quantity and a reasonable price? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure where the nearest grain elevator, or seed supply house, is to Atkins...but there has to be one nearby. For 600 pounds, you only need 12 50# bags, so surely that can quantity be found at a nearby elevator...probably somewhere around $17-$20/bag.

Again I pay $17 a 50 lb bag at Golden Furrow down here in SE Iowa,,now under a different name,,I forget it.

Me too Ed, it is CPS, Crop Production Services, formerly Golden Furrow. I have bought from the one in Eldon as recently as a couple of months ago and I am pretty sure I was right around $17 or $18 a bag. If you guys are paying $25'ish/bag for 17-17-17, I would call around some more. Caveat, I am working from memory here, but I am pretty sure I was nowhere near $25/bag for that item.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch FWIW, I also just bought some 46-0-0 (Urea) for $23/bag, confirmed price, about 2 weeks ago from Big Country Seeds outside of Tiffin.

Anyhoo...you might want to try Crop Production Services, I know they have multiple physical outlets, but I am not sure how for north they go.

It is! I paid that in Ankeny a month ago when I was in a hurry & didn't ask price first. A week later I got some more from Alleman Heartland Coop @ $19. Check around...

Same thing- I got it last year at the same place for $18/ bag and just swiped on Thursday last week and didn't even look. But once I got home- $26 Lacrosse is where I went this last time- I will check around in Southern IA next year-

Also check with Desmoines seed and turf should have something that will work and they are a sponsor here

Top Bottom