Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice Iowa Buck - Big Hearted Friend

G

Just thought I would pass on this picture of a friend of mine who harvested a pretty nice buck on my farm during the second season shotgun season.
It has a 23 and a half inch inside spread. I did not see him during the bow season. I was really happy for him. I would have like to have harvested him
myself but it is not always about the deer. Enjoying the hunt with friends and family is just as important as harvesting the deer. Hope to see more of these
on my place in the future. Hopefully good management practices will pay off in the end.

trper

KTomsFriend.jpg

trper,
Congratulations or raising a great buck! Looks to me like your management is already paying off.

Verry impressive deer. If you didn't see that one; just think of what might still be out there!

If that's a pretty nice buck up where you fella's hunt, I can't wait until one of you takes "the big one". That's a hog of a nine point. Congrats to your friend, and keep the big bucks comin'!

Trper,
Very nice buck. Its nice to see you are truly happy for your friend. Thats what its all about! Sometimes people forget what is important and become too competitive and envious.

I like his choice of weapontry for "shotgun" season.
Encore! It only takes one GOOD shot!

a dandy deer indeed.

Wow,

there's one rack that will stick up over the sides of a pickup bed!

QDM does appear to be working!

Great buck!

Raven....

There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.

nice buck...but....did you forget your orange at home or is it on the fence in the background...is so...did you fall out of it....just curious...not scolding you...very nice deer

No we had orange with us! We just thought the picture would be nicer without it on. As a matter of fact my friends orange vest is sitting in the background to the right. Thanks for the ncie comments everyone. Hope everyone has a joyous holiday.

For those of us who have the PRIVILEGE of hunting with Trpr, know how selfless he is when it comes to going all out to help family and friends have a great hunt.

He won't toot his own horn, so I'll toot it for him. And it all boils down to having a great time afield, and if there's a nice buck down at the end of the day, it's really only the icing on the cake.

Ain't that what hunting is all about, really?

Merry Christmas, all.

Luke 1:30-35

MO

Thanks Mo for the kind words. Hope to get out this late muzzleloader season and harvest a deer. Plan on taking a doe for sure during the special late season. It is really special when you have the opportunity to see someone harvest the largest buck of their life. My friends name is Doug Moniger. Up until he had harvested this buck his largest was 1 8pt with a 15 inch spread with small g tines. He is a accomplished hunter. He just hunts on the East Coast and has never hunted in the Midwest for whitetail. He has killed moose, goat, and even bear with his muzzleloader. He was so excited after this hunt he got sick and almost lost it. The adrenaline must have really been pumping. Don't ya just love it.

Well said, it is about enjoying the hunt.

Hunting with family and friends has a value that will last long after any trophy has faded away.

I'd just as soon see my partners get the good ones anyway. So they can pay for the taxidermy
grin.gif

Top Bottom