Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No Bowhunting

Ghost

Life Member
No bowhunting for me this weekend but I sure did enjoy my time with the kids in the timber. The look on their faces tells the whole story.....you should have seen mine.
grin.gif

837hunt3.jpg

Ghost.....now that's two happy hunters and I'll bet the smile was just as big on the photographers face.
smile.gif
I can't wait til my boy is old enough to go out with me. Congrats on being a great father and spending time with your kids. The best is yet to come.....take care and good luck.

Thats the way its supposed to be. You can't beat the time with the kids, and they will never forget the hunt. Great job!!!

mole

Great picture and I am sure it was even a better time for the family!!

Related question... my timber is chuck full of squirrels and I was thinking of giving my boys a run at them but I was not sure how much disruption that might cause for subsequent deer hunting.

Do you squirrel hunt the same timber that you deer hunt? If so, what effect do you think that has on the deer hunting, etc?

We try and steer clear of my bowhunting ground. I do think this activity could alter your deer behavior. Plenty of timber in my area for taking the kids without messing with my bowhunting.
grin.gif

Go get set in your stand and THEN turn the kids loose squirrel hunting...preferrably working their way towards you!

i remember the first time i went tree rat hunting with my dad, i still have the pic, you'll cherish that sucker for many years Ghost.

That's a great picture Kent, you need to frame that one and put it on the wall. I guarantee your kids will remember that squirrel hunt 20 years from now, congratulations.
CRITR

GREAT PICTURE. It reminds me of the days I hunted with my dad and also my 2 boys.
smile.gif

Top Bottom