No More Chainsaw!!! Cedars Clearing in an Afternoon

AP

AP
I just purchased some new hunting ground and found myself looking at a long summer of cutting cedar trees and other thorn trees to open up some bedding areas and food plots. Ran into this guy and his setup at the gas station and he was awesome. Very easy to work with! His setup cleared everything on my list in just over a day. Saved tons of time and gave me a quick start to the year. Powers Land Management 515-480-3008, based out of New Virginia. Absolutly amazing what this machine could do.

cedar1.jpg

cedar3.jpg

cedar2.jpg

Those things are nuts. The power co. hired some outfit to clear the right away under some lines on one of the places I hunt they make quick work of heavy scrub.

Does he charge by the hour or what..? I was looking into renting one of those mulchers to clear a trail and borrowing a friends skidloader to use it, but I guess you have to have at least 100 hp skidloader and the mulchers are several hundred dollars a day to rent

I don't know what it costs, but I watched one of those in operation a few years back and YES, they can really haul the mail in terms of clearing scrub and such. 10 foot cedars went down easily.

Good post, that could be a better way to really effect an area.

Powers Land Management charges by the machine hour. Be he will look and qoute the job for free. Right now he is charging $225 per machine hour. Which is a good deal. The amount of ground that this forestry head can clear is something to see. I have a video of him taking down a 10 ft tree in about 30 secs. I have not seen anyone around Iowa that rents these units the closest I found was Springfield Illinois and they wanted around $700-$1000 for a daily rent

I just called this guy and left a message for him to call me back. I may have him come to my place with his rig, but I am in NE Davis County and my job is probably small enough it wouldn't be worth his time to come that far.

Soooo, is there anyone else that would need something like this somewhere around me that we could maybe pool a few jobs together and make it worth his while to come over?

You can either reply here or PM me.

Altorfers has mulch heads for rent. You can see them being used on Midwest Whitetail. They were mowing down trees and everything with it. Looked pretty sweet. I looked them up a while back and I think it was like $400/day.

I actually hired Mr. Powers for 3 days a couple weeks ago on my hunting farm...he was very good to work with and has a very good understanding of deer and other wildlife...which to me was very important because someone who doesn't might not do the job correctly. I highly recommend him!!!

Back