Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No Peep Options/ Suggestions?

roadking

I had a bad shot on a deer this year because of my peep so I'm considering going N0-Peep next year.
Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Could use a kisser button. I don't know if you've looked at all the peeps, but they do make some large holed ones. I have always been afraid of using a peep, but recently changed to a very large holed one. You can even drill some of them out. Just a thought

This is how I have always shot and unless you are going for olympic-type accuracy I really don't see the need for alot of gadgets.

I use a three way anchor system that seems to work good for me.
1. Tip of nose to string
2. kisser button to corner of mouth
3. Thumb knuckle tucked behind the jaw just under my ear.

Granted I will never win any 3d shoots, but I would rather be able to shoot in all lighting conditions, shoot fast, and not have to worry about to many things with my bow.

In other words, I want to be darn effecient as a hunter and don't worry so much about an inch here and there when shooting at targets in July.

I dont know to many guys that shoot at deer with shorts and t-shirts on anyway.
grin.gif

I have used a No-Peep for about 4 years now. They are a love-em or hate-em deal.

Advantages are:
1. It does not impede your ability to shoot in low light at all.
2. You dont have to worry about your peep twisting and blocking your view.
3. No added bow noise from a rubber peep alignment tube.
4. Does an excellent job showing errors in form.

Disadvantages:
1. Kind of a pain in the butt to set up the firs time.
2. Does take an extra half second or so to check its alignment as part of the shot process. (If a shot comes quick and close though, you could probably just skip it entirely.)
3. Alot more expensive than a plain old peep.

At this point I plan to keep using it.

I have used one for the past 3 years. I shoot with glasses and this seems to help. I also use a kisser button for extra measure. Once set up, I have not had any trouble with it. Good luck!

Check out the Hindsight. I've never used one but it looks interesting.
I'm not sure I would trust not using a peep at all. Sometimes a shooter comes in from an unexpected angle and if I had only a kisser I'm sure my anchor point would be way off from me twisting around resulting in a miss.

I agree with TimberPig. I like my "no-peep" and will continue to use it.

I have been bowhunting for over 30 years and I used a peep sight one year. Had something stuck in it when I put it up to my eye and it cost me the shot at a nice buck. Took it off and never looked back.

I use a kisser button. I do think it is a good idea to have two points of contact rather than one. You can use a level but that slows you down when preparing for the shot and one more thing to think about (or forget about when the big one gets you rattled). A kisser button and the string on my nose has worked really well for me. I think a lot of it is personal preference and whatever you use, you must shoot a LOT to get used to it so it goes smoothly for you... like second nature... at the moment of truth.

I've pretty much tried it all. instictive, kisser, kisser and pins, even a scope and a red dot. I like my current arrangement now, a peep served horizontally or at 90 degrees to the string. no umbillical. setup with a fiber optic pin and i'm good too go.

Top Bottom