Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No till plots

Bryan95

Im looking for some good plant for plots that can easily be done by broadcasting seed and I could rake it in or whatever just as long as it can be done with hand tools. I am also going to be putting in some oaks any ideas?

What does the area look like now? I have really good luck broadcasting seed into killed sod. The thatch from the sod helps hold in moisture since its not bare dirt that way.

One down side to this method is trying to incorporate N fertilizer into the plot. Hvae to do it right ahead of a rain which may not be feasable depending on where you live to where the plot is.

This is mainly ground hog forage radishes,with some sunflowers/oats mixed in....and the end result of broadcasting into green sod and spraying it right after seeding.

FallPlot1.jpg

The area now has some timber but I have an area outside of it that is mostly weeds and switchgrass so I am thinking if I spray some roundup before I plant would that be good

Top Bottom