Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nolen's 1ST Turkey

Buckhunter

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to show off Nolen's first gobbler he got on Thursday the 11th of May.He was a true pro out there getting up at 4 am for 2 straight day's and hunted tough and kept his cool while 4 longbeard's walked just out of range for 20 minute's or so,then when the time was right he dropped the hammer and it was all over.He made a perfect 25 yard shot on him.
We had secured permission on a 1 mile section that we new held several gobbler's because we had watched them walk around in a field and listened to them gobble all morning the day before on it.We traced down who owned the property and made a phone call to them that afternoon and they were nice enough to give us the ok to hunt it the next day.We set up on the edge of the field we had seen them in the day before and about 6:30am or so they started gobbling.I wondered a couple time's if we were sitting in the right place but once I seen a hen pitch down into the field I knew it was GAME ON!!!It took a little while longer but they made there way in right behind Nolan and his Dad and were gobbling hard the whole time.They came out but offered no shot and made their way out into the field but they eventualy worked back to within 25 yd's and it was all over in short order.By the way I missed a second bird after Nolan put his down but it did not matter one bit,we were 3 HAPPY TURKEY HUNTER"S!
Nolen's only 8 so he's got a pretty good start on the turkey hunting game.And what a way to get started!!
His gobbler was the BIG DOG of the group of 4 tom's that were in the field and had an 11" beard and close to 1 1/2" spur's that were sharp as tack's.It was pretty nasty weather when he got him so we had a tough time with picture's but the memories will stay with all 3 of us for a long time.His PROUD PAPA was sitting right there with him and got to wittness the whole thing and they let me do a little calling for'em and I got a front row seat to it all.
WAY TA GO NOLAN!!!!Let's do it again next year.PS He wanted to carry him out himself like any true turkey hunter but that monster was just a bit to big so he gave up on that idea and let Dad carry him out.
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

300My_Pictures-med.jpg

300My_Pictures_2-med.jpg

Good shoot'n little guy. What a thrill it must have been. In the second picture where did the kid go?
grin.gif

Awesome Nolen!!!
waytogo.gif

Congrats little buddy!
grin.gif

Something tells me there will be a lot of birds going to the hurt locker in the future!

Great job getting Nolen on the birds too! Tell me that isn't better than shooting one yourself!!!!
waytogo.gif

Sounds like a great hunt for everyone, congrats to Nolen on his first bird, wish I could say I dropped one when I was 8.

Kratz

Top Bottom