Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

non res tag on ebay

henry5146

i just got an email about nr deer tag auction on ebay . seems strange, something about a conservation tag given out by the dnr. I am wondering if this is real and if so, is this some kind of test by the dnr for the future?

I looked at it and it says it is a fund raising tag to benefit the Archery in Schools program sponsored by the Iowa Bowhunters Association. The DNR can and has granted such licenses to groups n the past. Therefore, I got no problem with it and hope the bidding goes HIGH!

yep, thats the deal. the dnr came to the iba, and a few other groups, and offered this tag. we kind of figured, if we didn't take it, some other group would. and we like our options to use the funds better than the idea of letting some other group profit from it. an email was sent out to iowa applicants that didn't draw.

I like the 2 questions at the bottom, second one is about the same as the first, just worded different. It has a lot of time left I bet it will really get up there. At least it is for a good cause.

How cool and ironic is this!!!

I hope the IBA gets 10 tags to go on E-bay next year.

The irony...if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

They should handle it like the Idaho Fish and Games SUPER HUNT TAGS. I believe they would raise more money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How cool and ironic is this!!!

I hope the IBA gets 10 tags to go on E-bay next year.

The irony...if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div> You hit that one on the head. I just hope they keep it more limited to the IBA. Help it grow stronger.

I don't know about you guys, but something like this would make me real nervous; of course I live in a state where we can't trust 99% of the people in our capital or wildlife department. They see everything through $$ sign glasses.

i say 5000 plus easy , its a no brainer if you are some rich nr landowner, spend 20k a year to maintain your farm whats another 5k

hey, if anybody wants to help it along, post it on any of the other hunting forums that you hang out on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey, if anybody wants to help it along, post it on any of the other hunting forums that you hang out on </div></div>

hoofline.gif

I didn’t know there were any other hunting forums other than IW???? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

or, if you see one of my posts out there, give it a bump

i believe, and randy may have to correct me, the IBA, whitetails unlimited, and the rocky mountain elk foundation each received a tag...there may have been one or two others

There were five of the conservation tags given out.You had to apply and state what the proceeds would be used for.Not everyone got a tag.
RMEF local chapter got one.
Wild Sheep chapter
DU
NWTF
IBA

Not sure what others are doing with proceeds, our goes to the archery in school program.
We went back and forth about applying for a tag.In the end we decided it would be worth any heat we had to take,if this got 2 or 3 more schools in the program.

I've a few really nasty emails but most people understand.We haven't changed our stance on anything we just want more kids involved in archery.

Top Bottom