Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

North Central KS lease...

jmm46

I'm about to sign a lease in North Central KS and I just wanna make sure the price is fair. What is the average price to lease 300 acres in this area, half woods half fields??

It depends a lot on which area of NC Kansas. From what i've seen, the closer to Manhattan & Tuttle Creek areas, the higher it is. If it's river bottom, then usually it's also higher.. like areas around Concordia. I'd be curious as to where and what you're getting it for. A 1/2 - 1/2 mix on 300 acres sounds really good.

Sounds about right for that General area. Just a word of advice though...I hope you have someone to watch it like a hawk, because around Cuba, lots of people roadhunt and there are plenty of local groups who pay absolutely no attention to "No-hunting" signs. Especially if they know it's leased out by a NR. It's a different way of hunting around there and a big reason why I rarely hunt there anymore myself. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want more info.

You might get more response if you pose this in a different forum. The harvest forum is pretty dead (no pun intended) this time of year. I will give this advice, I wouldn't put a big deposit on that land, and there's no way I'd pay up front right now. A LOT can happen in 6 or 7 months, as can be witnessed by watching the 5:30 evening "news". The only thing you won't have to worry about is being awarded a tag, the wonderful lawmakers of our state have made that easy.

so are you referring that people will be losing land to the banks because of lost jobs etc. is that why I shouldn't sign now, vs. 6-7 months from now??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> so are you referring that people will be losing land to the banks because of lost jobs etc. is that why I shouldn't sign now, vs. 6-7 months from now?? </div></div>

I'm just saying, who knows where we'll be in a few months. My brothers and I are planning a trip to Western Kansas next fall, but we'll be on public land. No investment involved. I think you'd be wise to hold on to your $$ 'til a little closer to the fall. There's even a very slight chance you won't get drawn for a tag, though I doubt that. And yes, lot's of people are beginning to feel the $$ crunch, at least here in SE Kansas. I spoke with a fella working at a local elevator and seed company, he said, tons of farmers are holding off on planting corn b/c they can't afford the fertilizer.

Top Bottom