Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NorthWest Iowa Barbwire Buck

DOUBLE LUNG

I am not really sure on this story but the one that i heard i will share.
You can see all the wire stuck in this deers antlers. well the night before
season this deer got caught up in a farmers fence and the farmer found him
in there.
He was trying to free the deer and it just kept getting caught up more in it
so he was going to go and get him gun since he couldn't get it free. So when
he was walking back to the house it ended up just pulling and taking most of
the fence with him. The next day this beautiful deer was shot about a mile
from there this all happened.
This is the story i heard so i am not quite sure, maybe if someone sees this
they can fine tune the story if it is wrong.

Bob.jpg

My Goodness!!!!! That is one awesome buck!!!! That buck must have a 210 + typical frame!!! I wouldn't just give my eye-teeth for one of like him, I'd give the all of my teeth for a buck like that!!!! Most impressive!!!

They say they watched this deer grow up for the last four years.
Here are some pictures.
wtail-8x8-doon-iowa-2002-rs.jpg

wtail-8x8-doon-iowa-2002-close-front.jpg

Simply awesome!! That is one of the most beautiful bucks I have ever seen. My favorite buck to date. Thanks for sharing!!

Let us know the score.

MAN! That is one impressive buck! I wonder if maybe he has some Mulie genes in him? It has happened out west before. He has an awesome frame! Damn! ;-)

G6

The hunter's name is Phil Kooima, from Rock Valley. The story you heard is pretty accurate. Phil said he shot him about 3 miles away from the fence.

They rough scored at 203". I have some different pictures of the deer, but haven't had time to scan them.

I originally heard that he wasn't going to leave the wire on for the shoulder mount, but when I finally got to talk to him, he assured me that he was.

An awesome buck.

you would have to be pretty silly to take the wire off when you got him mounted. The wire adds so much more character to the deer!

Top Bottom