Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Norway spruce plugs (group buy)

Fueledtohunt

Is there any interest in combining orders for a group buy of 10-15inch Norway Spruce plugs? Minimum purchase is more than I need. They cost $1.50 each.

pick up in the Des Moines area, payment due when ordering. I will be putting in a mass order so once the total order reaches 450 trees I will be putting in the order.

Last edited:
I might be interested. Post up some more details. Where would we pick them up or are they delivered? What would be the minimum order?

I might be interested. Post up some more details. Where would we pick them up or are they delivered? What would be the minimum order?
I'm with 720 here. I'm interested, but would like some additional details. I'll research Norway Spruce to see how hardy they are. Eastern Red Cedar is about the only tree I've had any luck with. Outside of a few fruit trees that I mow around and am able to keep deer away from.

I have Norway spruce as one of the rows for the windbreak by my house. They have been planted here 5 years or so. They seem pretty hardy, but the bucks seem to love to rub them. I had to cage them to protect them. And I am not in a high deer density area. Just my two cents.

I have Norway spruce as one of the rows for the windbreak by my house. They have been planted here 5 years or so. They seem pretty hardy, but the bucks seem to love to rub them. I had to cage them to protect them. And I am not in a high deer density area. Just my two cents.
Interesting. I am in a low density area as well and they do not touch a norway. White Pines on the other hand don't stand a chance. How tall are your 5yo Norways?

OP - you can probably find sub $1.25 bare roots from IA DNR or one of many nurseries in MI or WI.

Some of mine are probably pushing 9 feet now. They only really messed with them when they were smaller. I put 6 foot diameter cages on them and took cages off each tree as they outgrew the cages. So far they have left the trees alone after they outgrew the cages. Replanted more from rubbing than I care to admit.

Is there any interest in combining orders for a group buy of 10-15inch Norway Spruce plugs? Minimum purchase is more than I need. They cost $1.50 each.

I’ll take 50. Where are you located? I’m near Atlantic, IA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, cancel that. We can get them for $1.10 from the Iowa DNR forestry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries but the reason I am ordering these is because they are plugs. Plugs are supposed to survive better than bareroots. I have purchased multiple bareroot trees from the DNR and alot of them dont survive even after the correct ground prep. let me know if you change your mind. They also make cedar plugs

I might be able to get black hills spruce plugs. I am open to ordering a different kind of screening tree if others are looking for something different than Norways. Its just what Ive picked since I would like to have them on my property and I think they look really nice and offer great screening

Here is another option for plugs if you aren't familiar. Cost is a little higher but not near the qty requirement and they are shipped to your door. Good quality plugs however the norways are on the smaller side this year.

Black Hills Plugs

Top Bottom