Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not a Monster, but I am

blake

Life Member
picture.php

very pleased with him. I rattled in and harvested this nice young eight point buck on Nov. 4th at 4:30 p.m.

I was only in my stand for and hour and 15 minutes.

Smaller bucks were running everywhere by me. I swear I counted 13 different bucks from the time I arrived on my stand until I shot my buck.

They were chasing a hot doe and she kept circling back around by my tree stand. And, all of the same bucks were following her moving fast. All the bucks chased the doe into a small patch of timber I figured that would be the last I would see of them.

So I started rattling again, suddenly the buck I harvested came out of the timber at a distance of 100 yards and started coming my way at a very fast trot. This was the fourth time he was to be in bow range and I was able to stop him this time.

He began working the licking branch over the scrape which was right under my tree stand. I can’t believe he didn’t see me when he had his head in air licking that tree branch and racking the limbs over scrape with his antlers.

This was the fourth time I had rattled & grunted this particular buck to within 20 yards of my stand. However, I was unable to stop him for a shot the previous three times because he came by me moving fast; looking for those imaginary bucks fighting. I even yelled loudly at him, he never made any sign that he had even heard me.

I actually had to aim the pin at the very bottom of his body behind his front leg. I hate taking a shot when it appears the sight pen is pointed in the direction of the ground. Two blade Rage in the cage, cut one lung in half, passed through the heart, and the arrow was sticking in the scrape after passing through the deer. He went 40 yards doing the two step the whole way. I don't know how he got that far, the blood was pouring out the exit wound low and behind his left leg.

Now I can spend the rest of my vacation calling fox & coyote, squirrel hunting, raccoon hunting, shooting some crows, and again try to call that elusive bobcat. I may even get a fall turkey tag?

Sometimes we just have to take what...Satisfies US!!!!!!!! Great buck!! Congrats!!!!!!:way::way::way:

Gotta love those high action hunts! Congrats on a great buck and enjoy the rest of your fall and winter pursuits!:way:

Top Bottom